coil spring mount help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1998 ram 1500 and I noticed the coil spring mount (pocket) on the front axl is rusted really bad, to the point were it needs replaced before the spring falls. I also noticed this is a somewhat common problem. can someone direct me how to fix this and were to get a new mount. it seems both sided need done soon, thanks in advance. im a dodge truck newbie.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Unfortunately coil buckets are no longer available through Mopar for these trucks. You will need to remove a used one from another axle, or find an aftermarket online. If you do a search on this forum you should be able to find a link to an aftermarket one. Expect to spend between $100-$200 for replacement buckets.

Good catch before it fails on ya.

edit: here is a link to replacements on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181256513262?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

deadman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks . I've been looking for something like those. It beats making them myself. This is my first dodge and other than the coil spring buckets and some body work I like it a lot. For having 176000 miles on it it still seems to run good.