Cold Air Intakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cvillechopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You got it right but they look and sound cool
LOL. That's what I thought. I'm of the opinion that quiet is better so the louder sound is a negative for me. Actually thinking of wrapping the stock intake with insulation to preserve temp as well as reduce noise. The hood is always closed when I'm driving so really could not care less about looks :)

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've always said it, I bought mine for "looks and sound" but more for looks. The factory does have a CAI when the truck was built. I can't tell that I get any improvement in MPG or more power by the seat of the pants feel. I will say that if any CAI does anything that the Vararam would be the one just from the "Ram Air" effect. Not even trying to compare it to a turbo or supercharger but there should be a small amount of forced air from the Vararam at upper speeds if that does anything for you. It does for me but I am fully aware I can never recoup any of the money I spent buying it but I knew that from the start and I accept that. Once again, I bought it for looks and sound only and I am happy with both of those.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
PXL_20210918_220452451.jpg
Another plus for the Vararam for me is I was able to use my factory bottom half of the air box to put a battery in that I use for a power inverter that I use in the back of my truck when I put my camper shell on when we go camping. That wasn't part of the reason I got the Vararam but it worked out as a plus.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Clever people on here. I like the battery in the filter box trick!
Thank you sir! As soon as I take the time to find a air filter cover from a junk yard (don't want to cut my original one) I'm going to cut it to where it fits over top of the battery and use the factory CAI to keep the battery cooler.

Eric L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
There isn't any CAI that gives the performance improvements they advertise unless you do many additional upgrades. I just really like the looks on the Vararam.

Steve S King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Start by investing in a Tuner first if you want HP
Got any recommendations for a Tuner for a 2017 2500 6.4? Got a K&N CAI, muffler and resonator delete, 89K on it, runs good, but I'd like to see MORE HP if there is any more available.
What say you, please?

Steve S King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
An intake on a stock or close to stock vehicle will offer very small hp gains, probably not enough to feel. However it will give you added throttle response, which you will feel as well as added sound and under hood looks.

Now if you plan to do other mods like headers, TB, etc....along with a tune a CAI is a great complimentary mod. By itself a CAI is a minor mod but when combined with other mods it becomes a bigger asset.

Anyone interested in any of the mods mentioned feel free to message me for more info and pricing.
What recommendations for mods do you have for a 2017 2500 6.4? 89K, runs good, just like to get more bottom end HP if it's possible. I've heard something about an intake upgrade, any ideas?
THANKS!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What recommendations for mods do you have for a 2017 2500 6.4? 89K, runs good, just like to get more bottom end HP if it's possible. I've heard something about an intake upgrade, any ideas?
THANKS!

Intake wont help with much bottom end power but will add some throttle response. I really like the AFE intake for the 6.3 Hemi. BIG filter that uses stock snorkel and is enclosed, keeping IAT low. Message me if you would like a quote on one.

Also if you want some more down low get up and go. I highly recommend a throttle response controller like the Banks Pedal Monster. now it wont give you more hp/tq but it will give you added throttle response which gives you the feeling of more lower end power. Lots of RAM owners use a throttle response controller and love it! It is a mod you will feel every time you hit the gas pedal.