Comparing Mevotech UCA's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ginandtonic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, looking for some opinions on if the CTX (TTX) UCA's by Mevotech are worth the extra $$ over the CMS. I assume that both are stronger than stock but I'd rather hold onto 140$ if I can. I have a 4" RC lift and 35/13.5/20's so I'm just looking for something to handle that weight.. very little offroading here but a ton of city driving.. and Ottawa's (Canada) roads are basically backcountry trail roads lately :DScreenshot 2023-07-13 at 9.04.29 AM.png

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the TTX and they have been fine for a couple of years now with my lift. I do know a lot of other guys on here have run the cheaper ones when they installed a level with no issues either

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't think they beat stockers, But the price sure does in Kentuckian. :headbang:

They've been taking my abuse verry well so far. I ripped a ball joint boot on my trip, But that would of happen to any brand.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't think they beat stockers, But the price sure does in Kentuckian. :headbang:

They've been taking my abuse verry well so far. I ripped a ball joint boot on my trip, But that would have happen to any brand.
I’ll keep my stocks until someone sells some beefed up ones then. Thank you. Really want lowers with poly bushings to match my uppers. Grease-able and free floating pin

OP
OP
ginandtonic

ginandtonic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the TTX and they have been fine for a couple of years now with my lift. I do know a lot of other guys on here have run the cheaper ones when they installed a level with no issues either
Good to know! Such a hard decision because I want to future-proof and go with the beefier ones, but I also rarely offroad and just want something that can stand up to typical canadian roads (half asphalt half gravel!).

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We do not sell Mevotech so I can not say this is 100% accurate but from what I have heard the CMS ones are pretty much stock replacements, maybe SLIGHTLY better. I havent heard anything about the CTX ones.

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I installed my spacer lift on the front, the ball joints started popping out almost immediately. Replaced the control arms with Mevotech TTX and they have been fine ever since.

Spacer lift was on for about 3 years after that. I recently replaced them with different shocks.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran both, I currently have CMS lowers. TTX has a stronger ball joint, however the CMS I ran for 5 years with having to replace left upper ball joint after ripping the boot as I took the truck through heavy wooded trails. I have a 6” lift and 3” BL. In issues as my lift uses stock geometry and they are WAY beefier than stock, noght and day difference. If you don’t want to spend the extra money, use the CMS uppers. The TTX are painted, CMS isn’t and will rust if you don’t paint them. I used Tremclad rattle cans before I installed them. No rust for 5 years. Went with zone now as I levelled my
Truck.

OP
OP
ginandtonic

ginandtonic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is all great info, thanks all. I've been humming and hawing over the CMS vs CTX and in order to save 77$ (CAD) per side, I'm gonna proceed with the CMS. I really want to do the TTX lowers but with a baby arriving in a few weeks I'll just replace the low BJ with the mevo TTX.