Component Crossover placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where is everyone placing their component crossovers and how are you all securing them in their location?

JtotheIzzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I installed my tweets in my Dash and woofers in the door. So I installed the crossovers behind the end panels on either end of the dash. They are secured with zip ties.

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do the tweeters sound in the dash? I heard some people liked them better in the sail panel. To each their own of course.

JtotheIzzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
How do the tweeters sound in the dash? I heard some people liked them better in the sail panel. To each their own of course.

Personally I like it and everyone who has heard it seems to like it as well. I definitely think it helps with staging. The sound comes right at you from the windshield. Also there is no indicator that my system isn't stock except for the aftermarket head unit. It's fun to crank it up and people are like HOLY CRAP where is that coming from. I know some will say that the tweets have to be within 18" of the woofer yadda yadda. Honestly I have been installing for 15 years and there are no hard fast rules. Every speaker is different, every cab is different, hell every ear is different. One trick I have used fairly often is hook the speakers up and move your tweets around. You can even use double sided tape to temporarily hold them in place. Find out what you like and slam them in. The one caveat I will throw out there is because the tweets practically hit you in the face it can become too "Bright" quickly. I offset this with by using silk dome tweets (personally I feel the metal dome tweets can be harsh, not trying to start a war this is just my opinion) and simply not turning the treble down a bit.