Condensation inside windshield...no evidence of leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was windy and rainy most of yesterday, overnight it finally stopped. Went out to truck this morning (chilly compared to yesterday) and there was a bunch of condensation inside my windshield.

Ive had the third brake light re-sealed, I dont feel any water under the back seat (but I cant easily remove the plastic "carpeting" underneath the fold up back seat). The few spots I can get my hands to bare floorboard I also dont feel any moisture, nor are there any marks on the headliner.

Is it possible this happened because the AC was in recirc mode the last time I used it? Seen a few stories on the net about the same issue and it turned out the fresh air mode was still open with the truck off which caused cabin air to get humid from the outside-in.

I might try to re-seal the brake light (and maybe even the shark fin) but right now I dont see any evidence that they are leaking.

Thanks.

-Chris

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
Yes, recirc will build moisture inside to a point where water will condense on any glass. I rarely use recirc and if I do always blow in lots of fresh before shutting down. Another problem is mold growing in the heater core and that is bad news.

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I only used it yesterday because I drove through an area with construction and all sorts of truck exhaust, etc. Didnt un-do the recirc mode before parking the truck, hopefully thats all it was.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Condensation on the windshield is common under the conditions you describe and how you had the heat/AC options positioned when you parked it.