Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have an 06, dodge 57 hemi. Had a reman engine put in about 10,000 miles ago. Coolant was leaking from both ends of the top hose; at the radiator, and at the thermostat housing. Tightened the clamps on both ends thought I was done.

Started leaking again onto the power, steering pump mount, tighten the clamp at the housing, still leaked. But a new hose, and installed it, noted that the old hose was a little too large on the housing end, so obviously was not part of the install kit for the new engine.

Drove for another few months, several thousand miles started leaking again at the Housing, so swapped out the thermostat housing and tightened it down. It was obviously an old housing so this also was not part of the install kit for the new engine. Did a coolant system flush while I had the system open.

Couple thousand miles later, I’ve developed a leak at the housing dripping down onto the power steering mount, seems like the clamp had become loose. All clamps are new. Could it be possible the pressure from the new engine is causing the problem? I’m fresh out of ideas.