Core4x4 control arm questions for lowered Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I had some extra money this month so I bought a set of Core4x4 T3 rear arms for my 2wd 1500. The place I bought them from did not have the "0-6 inch" and "6+ inch lift" options on their page. I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer:

1. What is the difference between the 0-6" and 6+" lift options? Overall length? How can I tell which ones were shipped to me?

2. I plan on lowering the truck using a BT 2/4 kit. Do I still need the no cut brackets with the control arms? Do I have to modify the control arms to use the brackets?

3. When I bought the control arms, I also bought the hardware kit. The bolts are a bit smaller in diameter that the steel bushings in the arms. Is this normal? I thought the OD of the bolt should be nearly the same size as the ID of the bushing? Will this cause slop and lead to noise? Can I buy bushing inserts to take up the difference?

I guess I could email Core4x4 but I figured I'd hit you guys up first since there are quite a few members running these control arms.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got the core 4x4 with the illicit customs no cut brackets. I did the brackets first and added the bars later. According to Spence the bars will help get rid of the wobble, you can lengthen them to get the rear axle centered. I'm using the stock bolts and they are a tight fit. I'd email them, you also might want to pickup the rear panhard bar too. Its night and day over the spohn bar.

OP
OP
Potatomafia

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks, abouttobeglue. I plan on getting a Core4x4 panhard bar as well. My truck's suspension is all stock but I'm not very impressed with how it handles. My commute is all freeway and it wobbles all over the place. The stock shock compression is pretty poor and it porpoises badly on a certain section that has lots of expansion joints over a small distance. It could handle so much better and I'm trying to improve it without making it uncomfortable over long distances. I'm kinda surprised since I had a 2010 RCSB that I bought new and it seemed to handle much better. This 2015 only has 37k miles on it.

Your suspension setup is pretty much what I am going for. Our mods are very similar; I even have yellow fogs too haha.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
I plan on getting a Core4x4 panhard bar as well. My truck's suspension is all stock but I'm not very impressed with how it handles. My commute is all freeway and it wobbles all over the place. The stock shock compression is pretty poor and it porpoises badly on a certain section that has lots of expansion joints over a small distance. It could handle so much better and I'm trying to improve it without making it uncomfortable over long distances. I'm kinda surprised since I had a 2010 RCSB that I bought new and it seemed to handle much better. This 2015 only has 37k miles on it.

A set of Viking Double adjustable shocks to help with control.
A set of Helwig sway bars front and rear will help with corners.
The Core4x4 arms and pan hard bar will center the axle in the wheel well and side to side. That should fix the sway. Some people had said they still need the rear axle relocation brackets... doesn't seem consistent at a 4" rear drop but brackets were needed at 6+ rear drop …

I am guessing that the 6+ Core4x4 arms longer than the 0-6 arms....

OP
OP
Potatomafia

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Those Viking shocks sure are nice but holy cow are they spendy. That will be down the road a bit. I have front and rear Hellwig sway bars which made a big difference. I think my next purchase will be a Core4x4 panhard bar. Then the BT 2/4 lowering kit. I think I'll install those and see if I need to grab the no cut brackets. I'm OK with buying things in stages. I just want to make sure I don't create problems and make it worse than stock since the truck is my daily driver. I have a 55 mile commute everyday.

I emailed Core4x4 with the questions in the first post. I'll let you guys know what they say.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
The shocks aren't cheap but are rebuildable. I feel it would be worthwhile in the long run.

I ordered CROWN 3" drop front springs....
Next will be some Timber Grove RCM rear bags...

I'll be doing my truck is stages as well...

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put some kyb excel g shocks on my truck today. Rides good so far. Better than the stock front and nitro drop 2 in the rear.

OP
OP
Potatomafia

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just to update:

Spence got back to me quickly. There are two sizes of hardware kits; 9/16" and 5/8". He asked me to measure them and sure enough, I was sent the 9/16" kit. He gave me the option for a refund or to be sent the correct hardware kit. I opted for a replacement hardware kit.

Also, if you order the rear control arms from a vendor that does not specify the arm length option, Spence clarified that the 0-6" lift length is the default option. So my arms are the 0-6" lift version.

Spence is a good guy and I appreciate having an actual human being answer my questions.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
@MCMLXIX Did you ever get your Crown front springs? What are your thoughts on them?

I did get the springs.... but they're still in the box in the garage. Life got it the way.
I'm going to get a pair of Michigan Metal adjustable upper control arms before I install the springs. I bought a set of Core4X4 rear arms... but I want to go with rear bags and have custom axle brackets rather than pre-fab... so that means more saving and more time needed to make it happen....

core4x4.jpg