Cp4 recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

irmaintenance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This started in February since my fuel pump imploded
I have no power. Can’t haul camper,hay or anything
Tried lemonlaw then void of warranty. Finally last straw is trying to get ramDONT care to buyback truck.
They said has to go back to original dealer who did recall and has to have 14 hours of diagnostic on it. But won’t tell me if that includes the 8 or9 hours from all the dealers that I took it to before
It’s been in for 2 weeks. We have been making payments without being able to use truck as intended
I’m at wits end someone please give me some insight on what to do with this damn truck.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
was everything in the fuel system replaced when the fuel pump imploded?

Let's also mention @RamCares if they can be assistance.

OP
OP
I

irmaintenance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The fuel lines and tank were cleaned but RO says everything else was replaced

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Did they do the appropriate reflash for the CP3 swap?

OP
OP
I

irmaintenance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have know idea but the number of times it’s been in fo the same problem they can’t get it right. Ram DONTcare wanted it back to origami dealer that did recall. And it’s been there for two weeks. Every time I call they keep blowing smoke and not answering my questions. If anyone from dodge is on this site,buy it back then YOU figure it out stop wasting our time. Had to borrow sons truck to get hay for horses and haven’t used our brand new fithwheel camper since February. But ”make your payments because you have to”DODGE GET YOUR HEADS STRAIGHT.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Well, they're never going to buy back your 4 year old truck. That's not even an option.

Not sure what to tell you here. Just don't be a d**k to anyone at the dealer or FCA or your truck is going to sit there untouched for a while. And FCA will close your case, not return your calls and not open any further cases for you.

I'd be calling the dealer every day though. Have you spoken to the service manager or GM? Keep going up the chain if you have to.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It is difficult at times, but when you are face to face with anyone of authority at the dealership, try to keep a smile on your face or at least a non committed look on your face.

They are looking at your face as you speak.
What they perceive by watching you, could determine whether they decide to give you what is called a Good Faith Repair, after hearing your issues

OP
OP
I

irmaintenance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So repair was finally completed. They told me the reflash that they originally did, did not take they had to reflash again
and that solved the no power problem.
anyone looking for a 2019 ram2500 diesel with 42k miles like new condition

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
7 months to figure out they botched the flash? Man I would be chatting with them about some compensation for 7 months of payments without use of the truck.

Since it kind of a lemon and there is some risk, I'll take it off your hands for $20K. :)