Crank but no start???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viers87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While driving today my 07 1500 5.7 shut off, no warning lights just died. Now it will not start back up, it cranks but wont fire. Any ideas or has anyone had this issue?

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a problem like that one time,my used truck was in its best mechanical shape,But turned out to be a vapor lock in the fuel tank,I left the cap off for like 3 hours came back and she started up. Hope you get it going .good luck.OH also check the relay for the fuel pump might be stuck,Look it up on the index cover plate and gently tap it sometimes that will free it up if its stuck ,if it starts then I would replace the relay.

Last edited:

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to “run” without turning the engine over? Either it’s fuel or spark related. How many mile on the engine?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See if you hear the fuel pump prime, it might be the fuel pump relay, I think you have a
TIPM where the relay is built into the circuit board there is a guy on here that makes a bypass harness to get you up and running. the site is www. VerticalVisions.com
Jason and Jennifer Bell 1-304-933-9391

P/S Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM)

OP
OP
V

viers87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It has 156,000 on it. I’m not getting any pressure to the fuel rails.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to “run” without turning the engine over? Either it’s fuel or spark related. How many mile on the engine?
Yeah thats a way to check also ,But when driving it shut off so maybe relay crapped out ,the coil on them goes and will not hold the contacts in place. It,***** or miss on them but rare thing.