Creaking suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My driver side rear suspension has been making this creaking noise ever since I lifted that tire off the ground with a jack (from the frame right in front of the driver side rear tire - i dont know if that was the cause of it). It sounds like a wet rubber on metal friction sound - not metal on metal. I thought maybe I should add some grease into the bushings but our rear control arms dont have grease fittings. Any ideas/ suggestions?

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the same thing going on in my 04 2500 and every time i go to the mechanic for his opinion, it stops making the sound. Ill keep an eye here to see what other people think

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
You may not like my responce but to me it's kind of like welcome to owning a ram lol.... My 1500 did it too. If it's the same as my new truck and the passed its the bumper and something else rubbing together. Dealer tried to tell me I hit something. I told the dealer they're full of crap and due to my profession put up a tough argument. I work crashes for a living..they tightened the bumper which lasted about a week. Lol ether way every ram I've had makes that noise. I'm used to it. It's a 7200 ib machine somethings gonna make noise lol.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
you want to hear creaks? try carrying 3000lb camper over forest service roads.i don't even notice all the suspension creaks and groans anymore.like he said,welcome to ram ownership.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don't know why you guys keep saying "welcome to ram ownership". It should be "welcome to truck ownership". You guys act like it's only Rams that do this. You should of heard my Nissan Titan. Rear suspension creaked like the floor boards of a 1800's house. the torque movement when shifting the truck into Drive from Park made the truck creak.

My neighbor a has 2015 Ford F-150 platinum. You can hear his suspension creaking when he's coming up a driveway.

Last edited:

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Zeddy said it right! Just makes me feel part of the club saying ram life lol.

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
i can see what the OP means thou, i just spent 50+ for a new truck, not the squeaks! if i wanted that i would have bought an old truck! but i am sure its just part of the deal and nothing is wrong... but still!

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
have you tried squirting a little WD40 on one bushing at a time to determine which is the offender. Then you focus your attention on the one thats making the noise and determine why.

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Use silicone spray not wd-40 on bushings.

OP
OP
RAMYOU

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I will try spraying silicone spray and try to pin point the noise. Like Am3gross said, I spent $50+ for a brand new modern sophisticated driving/towing machine-not a creaking old house

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
I don't know why you guys keep saying "welcome to ram ownership". It should be "welcome to truck ownership". You guys act like it's only Rams that do this. You should of heard my Nissan Titan. Rear suspension creaked like the floor boards of a 1800's house. the torque movement when shifting the truck into Drive from Park made the truck creak.

My neighbor a has 2015 Ford F-150 platinum. You can hear his suspension creaking when he's coming up a driveway.

cause we all drive rams? we're on a ram forum? who cares about the other ones.:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca