Crew Cab Rocker Panel Protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brearlymason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you guys think of these?

Dodge Crew Cab Rockers

I can't decide if I should get these or not.

dodge-2.jpg

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Personally no for me seems like a steep price to pay. You could just use the bed liner material as a cheaper rocker protection option.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you like it go for it. I personally wouldn't spend it unless I went offroading in needed conditions but if you think you need it go for it.

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
If you do some extreme off-roading especially on rocks, sliders or rock rails are definitely a practical addition.

fcr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I banged up my quad cab exactly like that, at over $1000 to fix the body work I would be VERY interested in something like this.

Anyone seen any for a Quad Cab?

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could prolly cut it where that open end is near the end to fit, only problem would be you need to make sure the mounts will line up

Camo Ram

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Nerf Bars would do about the same thing--maybe less rugged, but cheaper too.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't like that they rivet to the cab. For many reasons:
1:They will distribute any 'drag' along the cab, potentially creasing front and rear door jambs.
2: I seriously question their ability to handle the weight of the truck.
3: Mounting solid to the cab, which is on hydralic mounts, and sitting close to the bed seems like it's asking for clearance issues.

I've been looking around to see about rock rails / steps for my crew cab as well, This is an innovative idea, I just don't think it'd go on my truck. EVA!

mojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nerf Bars would do about the same thing--maybe less rugged, but cheaper too.

"Nerf bars" will crumple under the slightest load of up force causing more damage than protection. They are strictly for entrance and exit off the vehicle.

This design allows the force to be distributed across the rocker. I'm sure they work as advertised. I've used many similar designed rock sliders on my off-road rigs, as well as frame mounted sliders.

Sent from my C811 4G

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
As someone who used to offroad a Jeep Cherokee and Grand Cherokee I dont see a problem with that design. As long as there are plenty of mounting points to the body they should do the job with no ill effects. Its very poplular on unibody vehicles like the XJ and ZJ jeeps to cut out the rocker panel and weld in steel box tubing. Id venture to guess the body of the ram would hold up just fine because the weight is being distributed. A massive shot is a whole other story but I like those and think they would work well if you need that kind of protection. Step or nerf bars are just for getting in and out, I have seen those crumple right into the body and end up causing more damage than there would have been with nothing there.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are those true sliders, or "pretends"? Why call them "rockers" if they are supposed to be "sliders"? To me that means they can't handle the weight of the truck, but can possibly protect from a few loose rocks. It looks like a whole lotta holes to drill.

stokes.greg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like them at least the look. If I had a red or white truck I'd have them on there.

Oh. Wait I saw the price. Let me restate that. I would want them on there.

Sent via paper airplane

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I saw these in a magazine a month or so ago, they look real nice I wish they made them for Quad Cab, although I'm sure they can be cut to fit

fcr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sent an email to r.e.design right after posting on here about quad cab length being offered, no response.

If anyone has a link to actual rock sliders for the 4th gen quad cab please post it up, thanks.