cruise control button...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
so I've had my new truck a couple weeks now and the cruise control button seems to stick.. the first time i use it during a drive i have to push it hard once sometimes twice before it comes on.. once its on the first time during a drive it turns off and back on with a simple push of a button...

there has only been one time on a short drive i couldn't get it to come on at all i pushed hard, pushed two times in a row nada...

took it in today and they couldn't duplicate my concern, said they ran codes and checked it out and seemed to be working fine.

any one else had this issue? is it sops to be pushed harder the first time to engage?

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Are you hitting cc then hitting the set button to activate it or just hitting the on button

OP
OP
R

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Are you hitting cc then hitting the set button to activate it or just hitting the on button

i push the on button and it doesn't always come on. when it comes on it shows in my EVIC but sometimes i have to push it a couple times kinda hard to get it to turn on.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i push the on button and it doesn't always come on. when it comes on it shows in my EVIC but sometimes i have to push it a couple times kinda hard to get it to turn on.

mine did that for a bit then suddenly started working again. no idea what caused it but sure was annoying

ktweite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My was barely working as well...same thing for a while..Then all of a sudden it started working and pretty much works fine now,very weird

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
so I've had my new truck a couple weeks now and the cruise control button seems to stick.. the first time i use it during a drive i have to push it hard once sometimes twice before it comes on.. once its on the first time during a drive it turns off and back on with a simple push of a button...

there has only been one time on a short drive i couldn't get it to come on at all i pushed hard, pushed two times in a row nada...

took it in today and they couldn't duplicate my concern, said they ran codes and checked it out and seemed to be working fine.

any one else had this issue? is it sops to be pushed harder the first time to engage?

I developed this issue on my 2012. Sooo I put in a 2014 leather steering wheel. No more sticky buttons lol