CTD block heater cord access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I installed a lightbar in my hood shortly after I bought my truck. It required switching to a different set of tow hooks and I didn't pay attention when I installed it and now it's block my access to the block heater connector. We've got some really nasty weather visiting this week and I'd like to plug the truck in. Does anyone know if I could access the connector from under the bumper and cut it loose so to speak? I have a short relocation cord I plan to install if I can get to the factory connector to get it plugged in.

Getting the lightbar installed required considerable effort so I'd really like to avoid removing it if at all possible.

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I already have one ready to be installed, just hoping I can do it without removing the light bar. It's too cold to be outside screwing with it right now.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Get a 3' appliance extension cord and have the plug end come out by the headlight. It should get you by till the weather warms up.