Cuss word cuss word Dent in the truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I didn't see and remember I left a wheel barrel near my truck last night and backed into it this morning and put a nice big scratch and dent just under the right tail light, its got me thinking of turning it into the insurance to be fixed since I have a 0 deductible on the ram.

But what I'm thinking is since the GF's brother inlaw manages a local body shop taking it to him and putting on a roll pan. Just not sure how it will look.
I want to emulate the cut outs in the bumper for the exhaust move the exhaust and move the hitch to hide behind the license plate for a cleaner look, problem is I haven't seen any with this to get a visual on if it will look good or goofy?
Anyone have a rollpan installed that can post some picks?

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Roll pan's look incredible on Rams.

Raist11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tons of pics online, just search "4th gen ram roll pan". For myself, I'd rather let insurance take care of it. I spend too much time standing on my back bumper. I wouldn't want to carry a step stool around to replace it. ;)

They do look pretty cool for a show truck though. :)

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This thread covers roll pans pretty extensively ;) : http://www.ramforum.com/f41/there_something_about_nice_rear_end-52440/

Street Scenes makes a p/u one and I forget the place that makes the steel one... If you have family with a body shop definitely do it right, like Unbroken's R/T.

Obviously his exhaust was dumped, but you can get it done with the dual exits...

Attachments

• UnbrokenRear.jpg
    UnbrokenRear.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Unbroken Snuglid.jpg
    Unbroken Snuglid.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 635645634.jpg
    635645634.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 135
OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This thread covers roll pans pretty extensively ;) : http://www.ramforum.com/f41/there_something_about_nice_rear_end-52440/

Street Scenes makes a p/u one and I forget the place that makes the steel one... If you have family with a body shop definitely do it right, like Unbroken's R/T.

Obviously his exhaust was dumped, but you can get it done with the dual exits...

Damn you for stealing my ideas before I even have them... your photoshop skills need some work but gave me enough to work with and see what looks good versus doesn't to me. Exhaust will definitely be going under the center of the plate. things will be getting very busy there with the hidden hitch, fold down plate and pipes. I think this will be more a custom thing that will take some engineering prior to the insurance getting involved. and figuring out the costs of repair then add the cost of the rest out of pocket. now to get my hands on a steel roll pan to fab/modify to then have the body shop finish and paint with the damage repair.

I thin kit will be best to have it removable with the hidden hitch if it were to need attention later even though I rarely tow anything with this truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think this may be a decent starting point. but use the one with the optional body line, move the plate box up to the body line then bring out a piece at the bottom of the plate box that is similar to there stock bumper center and put the 1/4 cutouts in the center similar to davidRams photoshop...

DavidRam, I'm not going to have to pay royalties am I ?:roflsquared:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Naw, this **** is all community property! I would be honored to see someone use these ideas and actually make it happen! If you actually did the exhaust exits centered, you would be the first on the planet!

And yes, my photoshop skills are pretty much non-existent, lol!

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The one thing holding me back is that its so over done going through the center... but with the balance of design and flow of the lines its where it needs to be in my eyes with the bumper missing. I haven't seen any rams with it, but I do like the look now that I've seen some pics. I hate how the bumper aligns with the bed on the side.

Seeing a 300 driving I'm thinking of using their oval tips. need to find some pics and do some sketching..... or win the lotto and send it to Foose or Kindigit

But looking at the hitch and stock bumper it will take some fab work to move the hitch... its easy to build one just more time and $$$

Raist11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DavidRam, I'm not going to have to pay royalties am I ?:roflsquared:

From what I've read.. I bet not. He sold his Ram, now he has to get his fix by imparting his ideas to the remaining Ram owners. Or at least until his Jeep arrives. :)

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The one thing holding me back is that its so over done going through the center... but with the balance of design and flow of the lines its where it needs to be in my eyes with the bumper missing. I haven't seen any rams with it, but I do like the look now that I've seen some pics. I hate how the bumper aligns with the bed on the side.

Seeing a 300 driving I'm thinking of using their oval tips. need to find some pics and do some sketching..... or win the lotto and send it to Foose or Kindigit

But looking at the hitch and stock bumper it will take some fab work to move the hitch... its easy to build one just more time and $$$

To simplify it you could reduce it to a single, oval exit tip... That would look pretty sick, too.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To simplify it you could reduce it to a single, oval exit tip... That would look pretty sick, too.

Nah, not my style... never been a fan of a single.. looks too much like a ********. Maybe when I'm off with the baby and get a break now and then from new baby duty I'll take off the bumper and mock up some templates.

I'm not sure on the oval ones either, I really like the shape of the MRBP's I have on there now. just have to figure out the orientation. I'm going to switch out to a pair of black ones so I'll have to order those up in the next few weeks to have something to work with.

But all of what I do I need to fit with the future plans of this build that all hinge on getting my shop up and jeep in the driveway. once that happens the R/T will become a toy I can take apart for time and do right. like airbags and rebalancing the chassi and look into a wider rear tire set up, something around a 325 rear tire. Just need to make sure I put all these plans and ideas in one big master plan before I get too crazy and waste money redoing things

Last edited:

Awastatyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Will you have to remove the spare to get the exhaust to the center?

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will you have to remove the spare to get the exhaust to the center?

Yup, but I am planning on putting a fuel cell in its place to better balance the truck left to right. and for some other ideas that include getting rid of the ugly fuel door, so spare is going away either way.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like a rendering to me. The rear window looks too fake.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not A fan of extreme dimensions.

I've had body kits from them that were straight garbage.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
That is a 3rd gen truck.

I ran the Street Scene rollpan for a while, but wasn't happy with the overall fit. It does have an outline on the back of the pan for you to cut out if you want to run the tips out the back.

I now have a Grant Kustoms pan sitting in the shop. It will probably be a month or 2 before I install it, but from what I have seen, it is by far the best rollpan option available for these trucks.