Custom Ram blind spot mirrors NXTGEN vs RM10 review/ comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi_Powa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All!
Excited to be back in a 4th Gen!! Had a 16 Laramie 1500 4x4 and traded it in for 2500 Cummins for work a few years ago. The 2500 long bed is just too big for regular use though around town, so I recently added a warlock to the stable for household truck stuff. Pretty good prices on those right now!

When I had the Laramie, some of my first mods was the Wadestar RM10 mirrors and GTR lights from Headlight revolution. I picked up a set of RM10 again, but noticed that there is another company that makes a number of custom models for many different types of vehicles. Don’t get me wrong, the RM10 were great, and I had no issues with them on the last truck over several years. That being said, these NXTGEN mirrors are a much, much nicer product in almost every way.

It’s a little too cool to throw these new ones on right now, but I wanted to post a comparison for those who are interested. 
Here are a few things that I have noticed really set the two apart. The NXTGEN ones:
- Are noticeably thinner and lower profile. My old Laramie had the auto dimming mirrors with the bezel, and the new one does not. Even with that bezel,  the past RM 10 mirrors stuck out a good amount, these would have been flush, and these will look much better.
- The NXTGEN mirrors are a little bit smaller, but the view is wider yet clear and a bit less distorted. This is especially true around the edges. I was able to capture this pretty well in one of my pictures. 
- The NXTGEN Ones have a nice poly carbonate surround instead of just plain black plastic. It also has a nice tapered bevel to it to blend in better and look better.
- Like the RM 10, the NXTGEN  mirrors can go on top or bottom, but the shape is a bit different. The parts that don’t lineup to the mirror square off more and look a bit cleaner in my opinion. There is an actual left and right, where you can put the RM 10 on either side. 
The RM 10 mirrors are already a bit pricey versus the regular old stick on ones, but they were super worth it. The NXTGEN ones are even more expensive, but they are substantially nicer, even still, in my personal opinion.  I also noticed on Amazon, that the RM 10 on your country of origin, say China, where the NXTGEN ones are made in the USA. For some that’s not important, but I prefer American made stuff on my trucks. 
Either way, fourth gens without tow mirrors reeeeallly benefit from these types of mirrors and I can’t wait to get these on. 
I got mine here: https://nxtgenautomotive.com/ram-custom-blind-spot.../

NXTGEN (bottom) is a tiny bit smaller, but the glass is both clearer and has a bit wider view. The overall fit and finish is better on NXTGEN too. There are not the same gaps around the glass on my set.
IMG_7112.JPG

The NXTGEN mirrors are a bit thinner, lower profile and polycarbonate vs plain plastic. On my Laramie the dimming mirrors had a thick black bezel and the wade star RM10 still stuck out a bit. My new Warlock does not have dimming mirrors or that bezel so these will look way cleaner.

IMG_7123.jpg
IMG_7115.JPG
IMG_7116.JPGIMG_7113.JPG
IMG_7114.JPG

Package was nice too

IMG_7118.JPG
IMG_7119.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7113.JPG
    IMG_7113.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 7

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the nice write up, and pictures. I have the Wadestar spots, but these look pretty nice.

OP
OP
H

Hemi_Powa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the nice write up, and pictures. I have the Wadestar spots, but these look pretty nice.
Absolutely, when I had my Laramie it was just the RM10 and they held up well. Always nice to have options!