Customization Shops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I have a 2018 2500, with 6.7, live between DC and Baltimore. Looking for a local shop that can put a leveling kit/wheels/tires on the truck. Any recommendations appreciated.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tint Works in Prince Frederick, MD. Owner is Richie Gibson and is a straight shooter.

Most of the new lifted trucks you see at local dealers, PF Ram, Upper Marlboro Ford, PF Ford, and evening dealers in Central MD were done by his shop.

He leveled my 2014 1500, and did most of the mods on my 2017 Rebel, including tires and wheels. Very happy with the work.

Hawkman5556BDE3-E4DB-4D45-9410-6987F7167920.jpeg

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used tintworks and might not recommend them. Ritchie was a little hard to get ahold of at times and I noticed my truck (when I looked at location of it via the Uconnect app) wasn’t even at his shop.

Not sure if he’s just a middle man or not but my truck was at a place called “Quality Automotive Services” further down in Prince Frederick. Their address is 151 Schooner Lane.

I’m not sure who did what parts of the install but judging by the amount of time my truck spent down there that Tintworks didn’t do much of the install.

Ritchie also gave up on installing my fender flares and seemed hesistant to paint the front ProComp knuckles (they rust and look horrible if you don’t paint).

Seemed like once the lift kit was installed And money exchanged he didn’t want much to do with the truck when it came to the smaller details.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quality Auto Services is also his company, the installation part of Tint Works. He admits, they have so much work from dealerships at times they have a difficult time keeping up with walk in work. But myself and several other guys and ladies that I worked with use his shop for everything from window tinting, both personal and work vehicles, to tires, lifts, wheels, etc, and stereo installs. In fact I had him do the speaker upgrade and saddle bag speakers on my Harley. Very happy with all of the work he and his guys have done so far.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Funny rwhjr. You and I have the exact same initials, if those are you initials, except I’m not a Jr.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quality Auto Services is also his company, the installation part of Tint Works. He admits, they have so much work from dealerships at times they have a difficult time keeping up with walk in work. But myself and several other guys and ladies that I worked with use his shop for everything from window tinting, both personal and work vehicles, to tires, lifts, wheels, etc, and stereo installs. In fact I had him do the speaker upgrade and saddle bag speakers on my Harley. Very happy with all of the work he and his guys have done so far.

Gotcha... then the middleman part can be disregarded. But it still left a bad taste in my mouth how he was difficult to get a hold of and how he was highly disinterested in getting my spindles painted and flares installed once the lift install was paid for...