cutting compound.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laramielambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i use cutting compound in liquid form rub it on let it haze wipe it off. For me its the best way to remove build ups from the paint. Mind you I have never tried a clay bar.

which brings up my question.

whats the best way to remove cutting compound from black plastic☹☹☹. Makes it look old and brittle. I use stuff to make it look fresh clean wet and black to revive it but it keeps coming back because i cant buff it out. maybe a very course nylon brush? like a nail brush.

Dad_Jokes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just switch over to a clay bar. 100 times easier and less messy. Cutting compound is super overkill just to clean up paint contamination. plus with a claybar you can just do spots/areas here and there. I generally do little 15 minute touchups on the wifes vehicle whenever I have some free time in the garage and touch up mine as I notice stuff.

OP
OP
L

laramielambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the replies.

eraser = genius how else would i erase something i dont want lol.

I will get around to trying the claybar one day. But likely on someone elses vehicle first!!!!!