Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@czervika The truck is looking really clean!

The longer I live the more I hate people. Apparently the rear bumper was hit at the Home Despot yesterday.

How do I know? I park ass in. So everything I walk to the truck it's the first thing I see. And this morning g I was like why is the plastic on the bump bowed up like that. Then looking around since I haven't washed it since last week I see the mark and the pucker on the bottom side.

Yes I'm going to use the Chiner bumper I ordered but the thing is the current bumper was a mere 9 months old. The dealer replaced it when I bought the truck. And now it's bent.

I do, I'm sorry, but I do hate people. No frigging respect for anything.

I feel this. Within a week of each other both my vehicles were hit while parked... My wife's car (which has a full vinyl wrap job on it) and my front bumper. (also custom wrapped) I'm anxious to see how those bumpers hold up long term.

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spent my lunch hour messing with park sense. Initially the system wouldn't reset. But a couple key cycles and it was back up and running and detecting objects again. My theory was proven, so I'll wait on a new annular cutter and time to get things done. Not that I need it but I like having factory wiring and features in place.

Oh, and the center pair of lights are on the factory switch. I modified a pair of 280 Series Metri-pack connectors and connected to the factory harness just like plugging in the factory lights. It's not the right connector, but it's what I had on hand that could be made to work without cutting factory wiring. I like that retain all the factory functionality, auto on auto off, off with high beams. Though auto off with high beams may get changed with Alpha here shortly.

And damn is that LED bright and blue...

20220208_123814-01.jpeg

20220208_125101-01.jpeg

Last edited:

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Spent my lunch hour messing with park sense. Initially the system wouldn't reset. But a couple key cycles and it was back up and running and detecting objects again. My theory was proven, so I'll wait on a new annular cutter and time to get things done. Not that I need it but I like having factory wiring and features in place.

Oh, and the center pair of lights are on the factory switch. I modified a pair of 280 Series Metri-pack connectors and connected to the factory harness just like plugging in the factory lights. It's not the right connector, but it's what I had on hand that could be made to work without cutting factory wiring. I like that retain all the factory functionality, auto on auto off, off with high beams. Though auto off with high beams may get changed with Alpha here shortly.

And damn is that LED bright and blue...

View attachment 485387

View attachment 485388

What is that LED light??

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It came with the bumper. Some 20 inch unit. I did expect much but it's effective at night for sure.

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well not much going on lately. Been working getting a GMRS radio in the cab. Hopefully I'll have an update on that in the next week or two.

Went out tonight for a quick boogie down the local trails here. Managed to find the only rock in FL tonight. Came down on it dam hard and I have a vibration over bumps from the passenger step.

Also played around on some aggregate piles the FWC has out there. The bumper greatly improves the approach angle. I'd have hit the stock bumper by this point.

Anyway just enjoying the truck at this point. Trying to figure out a trip to CO go see family and friends and hit some trails.

20220322_185104.jpg

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well not much going on lately. Been working getting a GMRS radio in the cab. Hopefully I'll have an update on that in the next week or two.

Went out tonight for a quick boogie down the local trails here. Managed to find the only rock in FL tonight. Came down on it dam hard and I have a vibration over bumps from the passenger step.

Also played around on some aggregate piles the FWC has out there. The bumper greatly improves the approach angle. I'd have hit the stock bumper by this point.

Anyway just enjoying the truck at this point. Trying to figure out a trip to CO go see family and friends and hit some trails.

View attachment 489305

Those new upgrades will be great on those Colorado trails!

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V1 of the GMRS mount I tacked together. Next incarnation will be about an inch shorter and likely canted towards the driver side.

20220330_130234.jpg

Motorola GMRS antenna on a valley radio mount. Have a 3 foot whip on the way for trips outside my local area.

20220330_130206.jpg

And finally got the rear parking sensors drilled and mounted. I have to extend the harness across the center so that will most likely happen in the next week or two. But that means the d rings have to come back off as the interfere with the signal.

20220330_130145.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: j-b
OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hot damn parksense is working in the rear now. Nice little lunch break task to wrap up. Took about two minutes for the truck to recognize everything was in place again. Was worry for a bit when I started her up and nothing but service parksense was on the screen. But it works. Yay.

20220406_132314.jpg

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a PM about parksense, for retro fit in to aftermarket bumpers, this is the important information.

ps.JPG

Reactions: j-b
OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hahaha. Front park sense sensors are in and functional. Good to have it all back in. Had to change my placement from the original plan due to bumper strcture issues.

20220413_153643.jpg

Rambar is on. Sits a bit proud and I need to figure that out sometime. But for now it's ok. Looks good from a far but far from good looking. J/K either way I love it.

20220413_120112.jpg

Fairly eventful day for me.

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This just happened to me two weeks ago...possibly you saw my post on the forum. MOPAR for some reason is backordered on sending out any parts to dealerships. Ebay has a bunch of vendors selling used ABS Modules...way less than new (as expected). A real simple install; 5 mins taking off (4) Torx 20 bolts. Initializing and reprogramming the replaced module is a breeze with Alfa OBD. In the meantime, yes you can drive your truck until you install the new module...just won't have the same stopping efficiency and will be alot less smooth. Hope it all works out!

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This just happened to me two weeks ago...possibly you saw my post on the forum. MOPAR for some reason is backordered on sending out any parts to dealerships. Ebay has a bunch of vendors selling used ABS Modules...way less than new (as expected). A real simple install; 5 mins taking off (4) Torx 20 bolts. Initializing and reprogramming the replaced module is a breeze with Alfa OBD. In the meantime, yes you can drive your truck until you install the new module...just won't have the same stopping efficiency and will be alot less smooth. Hope it all works out!
Yup i saw your post thanks! I'm sure I'll have questions. :p

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm thinking this is a battery issue. I noticed one morning when I took my son to school C2200 error didn't happen. That morning it was bright out and headlights didn't come on. Next morning, lights on, error. Follow that with a morning trip where I turned the lights to off before starting, no error.

So I decided I should watch the battery level on the two way I mounted in the truck. On the mornings that the error occurred battery read 13.50V, morning's it didn't it read 13.60V. Why I'm not in the 14's I don't know because three weeks ago I was seeing 14.10V at idle and 14.20V while driving.

Battery or alternator.. Pretty sure anyway.

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I haven't had the issue for a while. I cleaned the battery terminals and checked all the grounds. So far so good.

Light mounts are in just trying to figure out if I want a light bar or if I want round lights. Lightbar would get me I to the garage with little more than airing down the tires as I'd be able to keep it the same height as the Rambar. Round lights, that's out the window.

Prerunner spare tire mount is due to arrive this weekend. I hate driving around with the spare loose in the bed.

Rear chase light pods are on order and will be here waiting for me after vacation.

And finally one of my other toys wanted to get out and get a glamor shot with the ram.

20220521_154133.jpg

20220521_153933.jpg