D1 status in 2 weeks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wanted33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Being new here, and being this is my first ever Ram truck (recovering Fordaholic), I know I'll have a lot of off the wall question for you experienced Ram owners. First, is it typical to get to the D1 status so quickly? With all of the supply, and chip issues I wasn't expecting this so soon. I know I'm right at the end of the '22 order banks, and I expect the '23 order will be open soon, so is it time to get excited? Or should I just sit back, and prepare myself for the usual long wait. TIA for all of the help I'm gonna need. :)

Here's my build:

Ordered 13 June '22
Laramie Crew Cab w/5.7L
Flame Red
Sports Package
Advanced Safety Package
Level 2 Equipment Group
Power Running Boards
Wheel Well liners, and Mats.

Dang, trucks are big dollars these day....................

Jim

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yes, it depends often on the configuration. If there is a truck on the line that closely matches your build, it can be converted to your sold order which in turn can speed up the process.

Sounds like a nice rig. Congratulations!

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yes, it depends often on the configuration. If there is a truck on the line that closely matches your build, it can be converted to your sold order which in turn can speed up the process.

Sounds like a nice rig. Congratulations!

Well sir, that sounds good. I didn't know they could do that.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
2023 Ram 1500 DT models
Ordering bank was opened for FLEET Sales last Friday, June 24th, 2022

September 23, 2022 Production Begins

( FLEET Sales = large orders for outfits, like orders from Federal, States, Counties, Cities, Rental Car Agencies ) in most cases, they are basic vehicles )

I am surprised that dealerships have not been taking Orders for Customers before this, MAYBE they have & it is not widely known

Wranglers, Durangos, & Gladiators, and others are included in the Fleet ordering June 24, 2022

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Being new here, and being this is my first ever Ram truck (recovering Fordaholic), I know I'll have a lot of off the wall question for you experienced Ram owners. First, is it typical to get to the D1 status so quickly? With all of the supply, and chip issues I wasn't expecting this so soon. I know I'm right at the end of the '22 order banks, and I expect the '23 order will be open soon, so is it time to get excited? Or should I just sit back, and prepare myself for the usual long wait. TIA for all of the help I'm gonna need. :)

Here's my build:

Ordered 13 June '22
Laramie Crew Cab w/5.7L
Flame Red
Sports Package
Advanced Safety Package
Level 2 Equipment Group
Power Running Boards
Wheel Well liners, and Mats.

Dang, trucks are big dollars these day....................

Jim
If it's a 1500, they get built quicker, so not a huge surprise. I ordered a new loaded up 2500 at the end of March. Went D1 a month later, was suppose to have shipped on 6/2. But instead, it went back to D status. No movement since. Frustrating to have it regress.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If it's a 1500, they get built quicker, so not a huge surprise. I ordered a new loaded up 2500 at the end of March. Went D1 a month later, was suppose to have shipped on 6/2. But instead, it went back to D status. No movement since. Frustrating to have it regress.

I understand the frustration. Been there, done that. Good luck, I hope you get some movement soon.

Chris Mays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 8cyl
I was told they are running out of parts for certain options. So, if that happens it puts. Delay on your pending order which Sucks! I’m trying to order a loaded up 2500 limited mega cab diesel and several options aren’t showing on the Ram.com build sheet. Level 1 group was literally removed from the order sheet today. Some of the delay parts, like the camera feature on the rear view camera, it’s supposed to be available again on 8/10

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I was told they are running out of parts for certain options. So, if that happens it puts. Delay on your pending order which Sucks! I’m trying to order a loaded up 2500 limited mega cab diesel and several options aren’t showing on the Ram.com build sheet. Level 1 group was literally removed from the order sheet today. Some of the delay parts, like the camera feature on the rear view camera, it’s supposed to be available again on 8/10
Wow, interesting they removed the L1 group. I'd think most Ltd buyers would check that box.

I'm kind of curious at this point what is going to happen to my order. It's got pretty much all the bells and whistles, so I'm sure they're having issues sourcing all the parts. At what point do they come back and say "It's going to be a '23, not the '22 you ordered". And do I even want a very late build '22? Maye the '23 would have some new options I might want.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357