Dash cam inside the rear view mirror housing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifterr

Reaction score
Looks like there's some extra space inside the rearview mirror housing. Has anyone successfully fit a dash cam in there so it's hidden and out of the way? Any negative effects on the vehicle's front camera/sensor (adaptive cruise?)

combatgrunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have not seen one that small. However I have a thinkeare pro 200 does front and rear for only 180z.00 comes with everything to install and parking mode. You might be able to take the rear camera and make it the front it’s small

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Any suggestion for a compact dash cam to try?
Street Guardian makes a dual remote camera dash cam.
https://streetguardian.cam/product/sg9663dr
I have two Street Guardian dash cams(not the remote version) and they have worked well for the several years I've had them.
Whoever's dash cam you go with use a High Endurance micro SD memory card with them. I'd recommend ones SanDisk or Samsung

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am getting a Momento M7 next week. It is a dual front and back with GPS, vibration, night vision etc...It is a regular mount on front windshield and rear window...so no help with your sear there..

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I use a Garmin DC-67W - had too many issues with some off-brand ones and this is my second Garmin. My gals rig has the first gen I bought 5 years ago and still going strong.

As you can see, I didn’t go for the sleek and hidden approach due to my desire to gadget dash the heck out of my center console. It’s a sickness :D and I only roll this nerdy when on a road trip. The InReach and GPS go away and the holder for the GPS doubles as a cell holder when not in this configuration.

7FC90675-86E7-4E4A-86C8-CD16A52EE889.jpeg

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
you are lucky that the CHP has not taken interest in your truck

In my business, my Ram is Inspected often
They even check my First Aid Kit, maps, road flares, CB Radio, etc.

Last edited: