Dash Lower Surround-Behind Glove Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
So when I remove my glove box, I don't have access to anything because the dash lower surround is pretty much a solid wall blocking me. Is that serving some purpose I should be aware of? Has anyone every cut that area out to make it more accessible?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What was you planning to do with this space ?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you're referring to what I think you're referring to......you're not going to want to cut into that lol.

OP
OP
Oliver Closehauf

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
This is a piece of of the lower dash panel directly behind the glove box in front of the HVAC housing. To get to the HVAC housing or the factory amp you have to either lay on the floor and go up behind this panel, or what I would like to do is just cut it. I'd take a picture but I don't feel like pulling out the glove box. I'll see if I can get an acceptable shot of it with the box still in.

I've seen shots of people dashes where this panel is just an open hole pretty much the same size as the glove box. Their HVAC housing is directly accessible. Mine is not. When I removed the glove box back in November I was expecting it to be an open shot to the amp, but that is not the case.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990