dash rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goose2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My 2013 had a horrible dash rattle when the colder temps hit. I took this piece apart and that piece apart and could never find it. It was right in the middle of the dash I thought. Come to find out it was the 8 speed rotary shift *** that was causing all the commotion. So if you a rattle you cant find check it.

14Ram381

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same thing happening in my 2014 Ram Sport. Sounds like it's coming from the top/middle of the dash. It's not consistent but when it starts, it's noticeable and annoying. It usually doesn't last long. Were you able to fix it?

monkers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad Cab White
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a annoying rattle from the same place, center of dash, that I only notice on less then perfect roads, first noticed it up at camp on the dirt roads......very irritating. Goose 2, I also have the 8 speed, what did you do to fix the rattle? Was the knob loose or something?

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had a rattle in my Express with the 6-speed. Sounded like it was in the dash but come to find out it is the plastic cover on the rear view mirror rattling against the windshield. I suggest everyone check theirs!

DublDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yup me too. Drives me absolutely crazy...You spend this kind of money on a new truck, and it sounds like a 10 year old farm truck. My friends bug me about it all the time, and honestly it's embarrassing. My truck is booked into the dealer on January 18th to have this addressed along with my leaking rear sliding window. Hopefully they fix it, because the Ford and GM dealers are right across the street.

jeringate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My center console lid rattles when cold, even worse when my arm is on it (which is 99% of the time) i believe its just the rubber nubs.
I'm going to try putting something between it to determine, maybe a small felt pad on the rubber stoppers will do the trick!

OP
OP
G

goose2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ya the colder it gets the harder the tires get the more rattles pop up.:mad:

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2010 had a rattle from the front center part of the dash and it varied from time to time on how loud it was or if it would even rattle. Only took me a few seconds to find out that it was the center windshield vent rattling in place. Next time you hear the rattle, stick a finger into the vent and see if it stops, if it does, there's your problem. How to fix it, I have no idea.

Yeahright

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had a rattle coming from passenger side. Took me forever to find it. Turns out it was the lower corner window trim on the outside rattling against the windshield. Shimmed it problem solved!