Dash retaing nuts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
Hi Folks, I'm in the process of changing out my heater core (2001 Dodge 1500) and my sorry dash too. It's ABS and thick old ABS glue--like for pipe--works to glue up the cracks, but the rest of the dash breaks around the repairs, rats! So I'm making up my mind about which replacement dash to order but I have another problem: one of the white nylon(?) nuts at the top of the dash which holds the metal dash supports has disintegrated and another one is cracked. I've been looking for replacements to no avail. Part of the problem may be that I'm not naming them properly in my searches, anyone have the exact proper name? And maybe a source? I have a temporary fix of smearing silicone around a "U-nut" and that should hold while I wait for a new dash but I don't want to rely on it too long. Halp!

HOKAY! It's only been 40+ minutes and I made up my mind about which replacement dash to buy. I'm going with Geno's Garage partly because they say "Made in the USA". And they have the NUTS! Kind of expensive but whatchagonnado? Since it's close to Christmas and they're clear across the country, it may take a while, but I read one guy's message that he drove around for a while with no dash and it was OK. Since I'll be bolting up the actual metal supports while the dash is out, I see no reason why not---the crappy plastic wasn't hold anything structural anyway. Anyway, thought I'd post that I found those weird nuts in case anyone else needed them, Happy Trails Y'all

Last edited:
Reactions: Mop

DodgeLady

Military
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L
Hi Folks, I'm in the process of changing out my heater core (2001 Dodge 1500) and my sorry dash too. It's ABS and thick old ABS glue--like for pipe--works to glue up the cracks, but the rest of the dash breaks around the repairs, rats! So I'm making up my mind about which replacement dash to order but I have another problem: one of the white nylon(?) nuts at the top of the dash which holds the metal dash supports has disintegrated and another one is cracked. I've been looking for replacements to no avail. Part of the problem may be that I'm not naming them properly in my searches, anyone have the exact proper name? And maybe a source? I have a temporary fix of smearing silicone around a "U-nut" and that should hold while I wait for a new dash but I don't want to rely on it too long. Halp!

HOKAY! It's only been 40+ minutes and I made up my mind about which replacement dash to buy. I'm going with Geno's Garage partly because they say "Made in the USA". And they have the NUTS! Kind of expensive but whatchagonnado? Since it's close to Christmas and they're clear across the country, it may take a while, but I read one guy's message that he drove around for a while with no dash and it was OK. Since I'll be bolting up the actual metal supports while the dash is out, I see no reason why not---the crappy plastic wasn't hold anything structural anyway. Anyway, thought I'd post that I found those weird nuts in case anyone else needed them, Happy Trails Y'all

Thanks! I was looking for these, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk