Dashboard cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lunna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
I have 2021 1500 Limited edition with "leather" interior and HUD-Heads Up Display. Sadly the dashboard is not leather and contains a HUD-which is great. I've been everywhere on the internet and I can't find a cover that is made for my truck yet. If anyone knows where one can be bought, even if it's handmade one of a kind, please advise...thank you

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The dash in my 2021 Limited is leather. What makes you think yours is not? Can you provide a pic of your dash? Here's a pic I have of a small section of my dash that I took for another reason. The section containing the speaker and vent are obviously plastic, but the rest of the cover is leather...

Gauge cluster hood 3.jpg

OP
OP
L

Lunna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
My truck is getting a new windshield because of a defect, only took 3 1/2 months to get a replacement. Anyway, the company that came out to seal all interior leather, told me only my seats were leather and all else was a vinyl and composite material? I can follow-up with a pic but your dash is same color and design as yours. Have you treated your dash and doors with a leather treatment? No discoloration?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've only had this truck for 4 days LOL, so no I haven't treated any interior surfaces. Not sure if I'm going to to be honest.

I question your windshield installer's knowledge of what's covering the dash on these trucks, as this is the first time I've heard any claims that the dash in the Limited is not covered with leather. I'm a long time member of another 5th gen forum which I will not name, but have been an active member of since late 2018. I haven't ever seen any claims that it's a vinyl composite on that site. It's always been talked about as being leather.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When i bought my 2009 new, i got a carpet like dash cover through the dealership
When i bought my current 2016 Ram, i moved the cover over to it.

I went to the dealership for regular service & went into the Parts Dept. & inquired about getting a replacement cover,
They told me that they no longer offer those dash covers & send customers to the website that they used to order through.

That website is not very well setup, the webmaster did not think it out well.
So i am going to shop around a little more & start calling directly, if i think that their products will work for my Ram.

I toss things onto my dashboard, like invoices , books, etc.
The carpet protects the plastic dash & it eliminates any glare that may reflect off, into my eyes.

I have 3 speakers & i think 4 vents mounted in the dash, all OEM,
The website images don't even come close to what i need

OP
OP
L

Lunna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Sorry if I wasn't clear, a company that I hired to seal, Teflon, all interior leather informed me that the dash and doors were not covered in leather. I was definitely not happy when told of this situation. A nearby dealership is finally replacing my defective windshield and were not involved with the interior leather.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 2021 1500 Limited edition with "leather" interior and HUD-Heads Up Display. Sadly the dashboard is not leather and contains a HUD-which is great. I've been everywhere on the internet and I can't find a cover that is made for my truck yet. If anyone knows where one can be bought, even if it's handmade one of a kind, please advise...thank you

Here U go, check these PPL out. I got MY 19 dash board cover from them.
ADDED: I checked: They have covers for 2021, now U would have to go, check it out, research and make decision, especially since U have HUD, I am not sure if the projection for that comes from the dash or say mirror. SO U have to research and maybe call them also. They R great to work with, I got my cover for MY 19 4 months before ne other company had ne thing out.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en

41976600_163563681235808_3355622240006701056_n.jpg

OP
OP
L

Lunna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Thank you for website info. I agree with you about working with them. They have one for my model but not with the cutout for HUD, which originates from dash. May have to buy and just cutout HUD myself. Thanks again

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I read something about the HUD that was displayed on the windshield, low on the drivers side.
Many people complained about having to tilt their heads a certain way to read it if they wore a certain kind of glasses.

Sounds crazy to me, but what do i know

OP
OP
L

Lunna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
I found out that seat can't be raised too much vertically because the HUD display disappears. So I keep seat somewhat in the lower position. I wear transition glasses and I haven't had an issue with turning my head sideways. Other than seat height, I like driving with HUD now. I've got a rental car without it and can't wait to get truck back.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Are Transition glasses Polarized ?

That may have been the type of glasses that i read about on one of the 5th Gen sites

OP
OP
L

Lunna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
They can be and mine are...getting back to interior being leather...I reread my manufacturer issued line item inclusions and charges...line item interior: Premium Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats...under Interior Features....Wood/Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel....

Unfortunately no other mention of leather:(

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I read something about the HUD that was displayed on the windshield, low on the drivers side.
Many people complained about having to tilt their heads a certain way to read it if they wore a certain kind of glasses.

Sounds crazy to me, but what do i know

I don't have any issues with the HUD. My sunglasses are polarized. The display is definitely dimmer, but I don't have any trouble seeing it. I can always turn up the brightness as it's only set to the middle adjustment for that.

I found out that seat can't be raised too much vertically because the HUD display disappears. So I keep seat somewhat in the lower position. I wear transition glasses and I haven't had an issue with turning my head sideways. Other than seat height, I like driving with HUD now. I've got a rental car without it and can't wait to get truck back.

You can adjust the position of the HUD. I haven't had any issues with the HUD with my seat height set to where I feel it's most comfortable. I haven't tried raising the seat all the way up, but I don't like it adjusted there so it doesn't really matter to me.

Are Transition glasses Polarized ?

That may have been the type of glasses that i read about on one of the 5th Gen sites

Polarized glasses/sunglasses are designed to reduce glare. I have trouble reading the displays at some gas pumps when wearing polarized sunglasses, and turning my head to the side makes it readable.

They can be and mine are...getting back to interior being leather...I reread my manufacturer issued line item inclusions and charges...line item interior: Premium Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats...under Interior Features....Wood/Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel....

Unfortunately no other mention of leather:(

The leather on the steering wheel of my Limited looks and feels exactly the same as the leather covering the dash and tops of the door panels. If it's not leather they did a great job of mimicking it.

OP
OP
L

Lunna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
I agree that dash does mimic leather...I decided to order a Dashmat by Covercraft today...I'm going to cutout location of HUD on dash and c how it goes.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Guys, the dash is leather, so are the door panels and even the top lid on the console. You need to make sure you use the right cleaner or you’ll see the blotchiness that comes with bad cleaning solutions on leather. If you do a wide google search, you’ll find some warranty claims, and you’ll read about cleaning the dash and doors and seats. The limited, the longhorn, and now the 75th Power Wagon ... that’s just how special these interiors are.

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
I do like the look of the leather trimmed interior, cant imagine how the dash would hold up in Arizona heat as I tend to keep a truck for 6-7 years

OP
OP
L

Lunna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
I spoke with my auto expert who found my truck Limited Edition and he said that dashboards and door panels are most likely wrapped with a synthetic leather. They have to be in order to stand up to direct sunlight and wear and tear. I applied a Mopar liquid product, not for leather, and have not experienced any discoloration yet.

OP
OP
L

Lunna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
An update to my ordered dashmat by covercraft. It fits great...I cutout the HUD from cover which was easy peasy. Cover will take awhile to mold onto dashboard. I ordered navy blue but would recommend darker color.

ErrandBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7Hemi
I just had the top of my dashboard replaced under warranty because the "leather" was starting to bubble up. Apparently its not that uncommon for 2019 1500 Limited's. This is the nicest I have found so far, dont think it comes in another color - too bad.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
An update to my ordered dashmat by covercraft. It fits great...I cutout the HUD from cover which was easy peasy. Cover will take awhile to mold onto dashboard. I ordered navy blue but would recommend darker color.
What, no pictures? :buttkick:

Still going to have to disagree with your auto expert about the leather dash. Lots of luxury car brands cover the dash with real leather. I am not out to insult your auto expert but he's mistaken.
I just had the top of my dashboard replaced under warranty because the "leather" was starting to bubble up. Apparently its not that uncommon for 2019 1500 Limited's. This is the nicest I have found so far, dont think it comes in another color - too bad.

Those seem to lay nicely. Too bad they don't make one in black, and with provisions for the HUD.