Dashboard Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RRPutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500 Sport 2x2
Engine
5.9L

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport with 5.9L - 2 Doorx2 Wheel Drive. **Last 8 didgets of my VIN #: 2J235660** The Dash per the local Dodge dealership when they looked up the Interior Code # & Color, came up with… (DV) “Dark Slate Gray”. To me it appears as almost Black or Dark Charcoal color.
** I am wanting learn best location for replacement dash with the correct color + textured surface to it?

Thanks!

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Check LMC TRUCK that's where I got mine. They are on ebay also.

DodgeLady

Military
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport with 5.9L - 2 Doorx2 Wheel Drive. **Last 8 didgets of my VIN #: 2J235660** The Dash per the local Dodge dealership when they looked up the Interior Code # & Color, came up with… (DV) “Dark Slate Gray”. To me it appears as almost Black or Dark Charcoal color.
** I am wanting learn best location for replacement dash with the correct color + textured surface to it?

Thanks!

I bought my dash top from LMC truck. I used the color code on my 1997 truck to order paint- as the dash came in only one color... not mine.
I ordered paint from LMC. Apparently there was two shades of mist gray and I ordered the lighter shade (as I interpreted the LMC catalog)
It was not quite the dark gray... but I still like.
I purchased a used dash front and reassembled my entire dash. Turned out good.

Showing the color diff. Fuse panel door is my original color.

9a91763dcb6e9bd9e86f532234eb0d7c.jpg

Finished dash!

e38012f2552475e3d16b1699d2f23928.jpg
61d80f6a2f023c2cb20cd7808695a205.jpg

It’s like having a new truck for me!
My old dash was totally crumbled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DodgeLady

Military
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L

Thanks!

The color I used was called “ light mist gray”. I think that my actual color may have been dark mist gray.

DodgeLady

Military
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L

Thanks!

Top dash pic. Paint job is not the best. Got too hot outside to spray paint so I finally had to go with what I had.

d335ecce342b8a215a1e723a76f6dd15.jpg
7da96a9189b1cbb6014588ba989965a1.jpg

DodgeLady

Military
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L

Thanks!

Also... I don’t recommend tearing out the dash without the service manual to your truck. Unless you know exactly the order and how things are fastened you can get into deep doo doo.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
My dash was originally light mist gray but I repainted all my interior pieces the dark slate gray. My dash top I got from LMC didn't match the paint I got from them it's just a shade bit lighter. Sometimes the way the sun hits it you can't see the difference. Your dash looks awesome you did a really good job on it.

DodgeLady

Military
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L
My dash was originally light mist gray but I repainted all my interior pieces the dark slate gray. My dash top I got from LMC didn't match the paint I got from them it's just a shade bit lighter. Sometimes the way the sun hits it you can't see the difference. Your dash looks awesome you did a really good job on it.

Thank you. It’s the most ambitious “improvement“ I’ve tackled on my truck - pretty much by myself. the service manual was the key to my success. Took notes on all hardware and kept it in numbered jars. Marked all demates with color coded ties or tape. That was really helpful.
It’s not perfect but it’s like new for me!
While I was in there I replaced my vent doors and vent door actuators. Bought the blend doors from Blend Door USA. They recommended new OEM actuators. I couldn’t find one of them so just replaced the two I could.
My heater core and ac evap were just replaced last year ( notby me and that tech really trashed my existing dash). He claimed it was brittle but I could tell he did NOT have the shop manual! Lol!

Last edited:

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Mine is brittle also. I first noticed it several years back when I replaced my heater core that wasn't a fun job at all. Especially in 30 degree weather in the middle of winter. I laid all my parts out in sections in my garage when I redone my dash so I wouldn't get anything out of order took several pictures to lol.

RD Holland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took the easy way out. Same color as your dash. I found a cover at Amazon. Cost around $110 if I recall. I removed the big pieces of mine that had split off and put the cover on top. It just about snapped into place. Took little effort though I had the wife on the passenger side to make laying it in place easier. The color match was about as perfect as it could be. So was the texture. When my brother came down for some fishing, I had that in place and I had added side steps. When he got in he thought I had sold mine and bought another one. I don't regret for a moment putting that skin on instead of doing a full replacement. It was still in great shape when I traded it in years later for a 2019. Alas, the fancy leather dashboard on it is coming apart. Waiting for warranty replacement now.