Day time running lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I noticed that my 2020 Big Horn uses the low beam part of the headlight for daytime running lights.

Does anyone know if normally the daytime running light is less bright than the low beam?

Meaning when the low-beam is being used as a daytime running lights the truck sends a lower voltage to the halogen bulb so that it’s not as bright as drl but it’s on?

I put LED bulbs in my truck before verifying what I think the difference may be as far as brightness when the truck is in the drl.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I can't say for certain on a 5th Gen, but that was definitely the case on a 4th Gen with the DRLs set to the low beams. I believe it's 50% voltage on those.

-K

Last edited:
OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Well i am still getting the RC 20” light bar installed behind the grill on the front bumper. It has drl. So i thought it might be cool to have it in drl mode and the truck headlights. But supposedly LasFit LED bulbs do not dim. But when i put the truck in drl the low beams turn on.

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I went to the truck while it’s dark. There is no difference between low-beam and drl using the LasFit LED lights. So i guess i will never use drl. I have never used drl on any vehicle before anyway.

Definitely dig the 6k white light a lot. Beam pattern looks good too me as well.