Dealer Decals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eithkrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the best method to remove the Dealer Logo Decal (i assume it's vinyl?) they slap on the back? Brand new all blacked out RAM and they put an obnoxious white dealer decal on the back. I have used the 3m wheel to take off pinstriping in the past, but with the paint on this being black i want to be careful.

Thanks,

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If it's vinyl then some WD-40 and pulling it up should do it. If it's got the foam backing some fishing line and WD-40 will do it.

Red

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I always use heat from a heat gun or a blow dryer. Be careful with a heat gun, don't want it to get too hot. The heat will soften the adhesive to where it will just pull right off. If any adhesive remains, I use a quality car wax to remove that.

Last edited:

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Goof-Off works great. You can generally lift one corner and pull it off, then use Goof-Off to get the remaining sticky stuff off. I make/sell decals and that's all I use...

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Aim it into the sun and you should be able to peel them off using your fingernail to get a corner started and then pull it off. If you don't know what you are doing with a heat gun you can do more harm than good

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
WD40 or Goof off works great

KG5TUD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is the best method to remove the Dealer Logo Decal (i assume it's vinyl?) they slap on the back? Brand new all blacked out RAM and they put an obnoxious white dealer decal on the back. I have used the 3m wheel to take off pinstriping in the past, but with the paint on this being black i want to be careful.

Thanks,
I have a friend that has a 3" eraser wheel on a die cutter works great!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
eithkrp

eithkrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a friend that has a 3" eraser wheel on a die cutter works great!

I have one of those from 3M, just hadn't used it on black paint before.... THis decal is really a combination of about 18 smaller pieces, letters, etc. Ridiculous.

KG5TUD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have one of those from 3M, just hadn't used it on black paint before.... THis decal is really a combination of about 18 smaller pieces, letters, etc. Ridiculous.
At least my dealership used a black decal on my black diamond crystal truck

M2 Pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi, 383
Aim it into the sun and you should be able to peel them off using your fingernail to get a corner started and then pull it off. If you don't know what you are doing with a heat gun you can do more harm than good

That's what I did. Worked like a charm.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
I told my dealer it better not have their decal on it when I pick it up.....
It didn't, but they put their branded license plate surround front and rear....
Salesman looked at me strange as I drove over to the service bay door and asked to borrow a ratchet & 10mm socket from first tech I saw.
Took their surrounds off, put my tinted plate protectors on age handed the surrounds to the tech along with his ratchet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
eithkrp

eithkrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ended up using the 3M Eraser wheel. There was literally 35 separate pieces to this decal. Sprayed Goof Off first and let sit. No issues on finish whatsoever.

BGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L

Thanks,

The Dealers use the 3m wheel, I told them I paid for the blackout and dont want it ruined with your white dealer decal. So they didnt put one on it.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tell dealer no dealer stickers when I pick up a new vehicle. If there is one they will remove it before I sign anything and take delivery. That way if they screw up the paint it's their problem

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I told my dealer it better not have their decal on it when I pick it up.....
It didn't, but they put their branded license plate surround front and rear....
Salesman looked at me strange as I drove over to the service bay door and asked to borrow a ratchet & 10mm socket from first tech I saw.
Took their surrounds off, put my tinted plate protectors on age handed the surrounds to the tech along with his ratchet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Im gonna trump that one. I brought my wife's Explorer to the local (out of business now) Ford dealer for a recall and they TOOK OFF MY PURCHASED CUSTOM FRAMES AND PUT ON THERE PLASTIC DEALER ONES. When I noticed when I got home I called and they said the mechanic did it and threw out yours. I had them digging through the garbage cans until they found them!! The freaking nerve of them. Dodge dealers never did that and even asked me if i wanted there frames on my truck before I took delivery.

As for stickers a little heat and there off, then wd40 the glue residue if any

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
Dealer didn't put stickers, but outfitted my rear wells with mud flaps that had their advert. I can live with that.

pcguru

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My dealer in Newnan did the same thing with all the letters in their name. Bright sunshine and picked at the end of every letter. Came all off in minutes. NCDJR all spelled out.

Nedap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tell the Dealer to take their crap off of your vehicle. Seriously, my wife and I bought a Chrysler 300 and they had all the dealer junk (website and phone number) and I told them I was buying a vehicle and was not advertising for them. They had their detail crew remove it right away.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
When I order my truck(s) I specify "No dealer installed stuff - no mudflaps, no dealer logo, etc". I also ask them to de-badge everything possible, which they do for no charge.