Dealership Visit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took my 2019 Ram 1500 with 83,000kms to the dealer for a few issues. Canadian pricing

I levelled the front of the truck so I needed a front end alignment $179. This price was up front so all was good

My ABS and traction control lights came on afterwards so I guess I likely damaged a wheel sensor - sure enough left front wheel bearing/sensor $800 for part/labour (Estimate)

My running boards are being finicky so they estimated $2600CAD for two motors and side step hinges/labour

They quoted also

Brake Fluid exchange ($249)
Transfer Case/Front/Rear Diff ($600)
Cabin Air Filter ($45)
Engine Shampoo/Throttle Bottle cleaning ($220)

I bought the truck at 71,000kms so I have to verify if they did any of the fluid exchanges at that point but a $5000 quote seems a little outrageous to me

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My dealer wanted $199 for “fuel system treatment” which consisted of a can of fuel injector cleaner dumped in the fuel tank. Less than 20k miles on the truck. I guess if anyone ever pays it it’s worth asking. They never thought of the engine spa treatment to relieve stress in the cylinders but now they will ask that too if they are paying attention on the forum here.

Also, don’t power wash your engine. A simple rinse with a hose is all you need with degreaser for DIY engine spa treatment. Don’t forget the avocados and cucumbers. Organic of course.

OP
OP
M

Machete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you only have 51573.809 miles on your Ram

Cabin Air Filter, buy FRAM Fresh Breeze at your local auto parts store
Just remove your bottom glove compartment to change yours out

I ordered one yesterday online for $18. After seeing a $5000 estimate it raises a lot of red flags for me. Hard not to assume they are trying to take me to the cleaners

Example with my running boards I kinda assumed it might of been a motor but they went to replace both motors and hinges? Not sure if that's standard to replace both at the same time but the trust is definitely not there atm

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Dealers are not known to be a cheap place to get stuff fixed. Your particular dealer seems to be taking that to a whole new level, and not a good one. I would avoid going there and find a quality independent, or at least a much better dealer.

If you are in the Edmonton area I have a couple of recommendations. Redwater Dodge has been excellent to deal with, fair treatment and reasonable prices. For an independent, the guy I use in Edmonton, I order the parts from Rock Auto or Parts King and he installs them.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know what a throttle bottle cleaning is but I have never heard of an engine shampoo :happy175:
That's that nice sudsy generic hair shampoo that you buy at like at a Dollar Store and they charge you $20-$100 a bottle to shampoo yer motor, lmao.

OP
OP
M

Machete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealers are not known to be a cheap place to get stuff fixed. Your particular dealer seems to be taking that to a whole new level, and not a good one. I would avoid going there and find a quality independent, or at least a much better dealer.

If you are in the Edmonton area I have a couple of recommendations. Redwater Dodge has been excellent to deal with, fair treatment and reasonable prices. For an independent, the guy I use in Edmonton, I order the parts from Rock Auto or Parts King and he installs them.

100% and I've had issues with this dealer in the past when I bought my previous truck from them. They don't have a great reputation but I just went there for a front end alignment and an estimate on couple issues but they won't get much of the work

I'm in McMurray but thanks for the recommendations. I've heard good things about Redwater

OP
OP
M

Machete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the odds the wheel bearing is bad? I didn't notice any noise/vibrations. I don't drive my truck much in the summer. It was sitting for two months and before that I didn't have the ABS light or traction control light illuminated - I replaced the front shocks so did I damage it from that?! I would think it's more probably I damaged the wheel sensor

They stated they verified the wiring and the bearing is seized

They sent me this

This is the technicians notes: PCM U1409 Implausible Left Front Wheel Speed Signal Received Active
RFH C0077-00 Low Tire Pressure- Active
ABS C0031-1D Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor-Circuit Current Out of Range Active
DTCM U0415-00 Invalid Data Received from Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module "A"- Active
DDM B2577-00 Window Not Calibrated / Lost Calibration- Stored
PTS U0415-00 Invalid Data Received from Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module "A"- Active
RADIO U0264-00 Lost Communication With Camera Module - Rear- Stored
-REMOVE FRONT LEFT WHEEL AND INSPECT WIRING
-CHECK + & - AT CONNECTOR D1572A, WIRING OK
-RECOMMENDING REPLACEMENT OF WHEEL BEARING AS BEARING SEIZED

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replace the L/F wheel speed sensor with an OEM and call it a day, you may be getting an ABS error as well, if you wheel bearing was going bad you would have heard it!!!