Dealership Visit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Time to locate a better service provider. Never return to that place unless you enjoy being screwed over. But you did return after that quote,so who knows ?

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U know, when U get that many non-associated codes, sounds electrical, like battery system issues. But I am just a BOIRD, wat do I know. When my battery went bad, even though allegedly good, I had a kazillion PID codes pop, LOL. But again, I am not a mechanic, just a BOIRD.

turk helmut drive.JPG

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Time to locate a better service provider. Never return to that place unless you enjoy being screwed over. But you did return after that quote,so who knows ?
He's in northern Alberta,so his selection of dealers isn't really all that great with-out having to drive several hours.The Fort Mac dealer has a rep of being a gouge and screw dealership as they know where they're located

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you only have 51573.809 miles on your Ram

Cabin Air Filter, buy FRAM Fresh Breeze at your local auto parts store
Just remove your bottom glove compartment to change yours out
YT videos can demonstrate changing the cabin air filter. Easy Peasy.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
He's in northern Alberta,so his selection of dealers isn't really all that great with-out having to drive several hours.The Fort Mac dealer has a rep of being a gouge and screw dealership as they know where they're located
Well that really sucks ,but could be expected when they got you by the **** . Same crap is pulled down south on less than informed people. He needs to find an independant shop to help with his needs and bypass any dealership altogether.

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ask them how much they charge per hour for labor, then ask them for the hours that each of those call for in their labor book, then multiply, add, then you have your answer. The running board deal sounds suspicious to me, don't know why they would be suggesting doing both sides unless that's what is recommended by the factory.

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What does your owner maual say about the services?
If the wheel speed sensor was damaged by dealership, the repair is on them. You don't need to change out the bearing because of a damaged sensor. Also, a good quality bearing assembly is about $225 and generally comes with the sensor.
An old guy like me took a few hours to do it but the next one, if there ever is a next one, will take me a lot less time.
We need to remember that the "service writers" are paid on commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
also Service Writers, most likely have no mechanical training, they are salesmen

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
also Service Writers, most likely have no mechanical training, they are salesmen
Some have turned wrenches as in the two service writers at my current dealership. Chrysler and GM use to have a service writer school many years ago. Don't know if they still do.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 100166 miles.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I shampoo mine on my 2019 fifth gen every two or three months at the local spray off car wash for $1.50 . Keep it looking like new.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If i put water in and around the engine compartment, i would want something like a 5 HP Wet/Dry Vacuum handy

especially on an engine that has a Distributor & Spark Plugs

Last edited:

Sixtime43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
That is one of the more ridiculous quotes I've seen in a while. Even though your options are limited I would run, not walk from that dealership to an independent shop if you can.

I believe if you lift the wheel/truck off the ground, pull on the top and bottom of the tire back and forth. If there is some play in the movement back and forth, then your wheel bearing is probably shot. However, like others have mentioned it would typically make a bunch of grinding, growling noises rolling down the road if it's bad. Also, when you spin the wheel you should be able to hear those same noises.

I degrease and pressure wash my engine all the time. I have for many, many years on quite a few trucks. Just be careful and use a lower pressure tip. A light touch and common sense makes quick work of it.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I shampoo mine on my 2019 fifth gen every two or three months at the local spray off car wash for $1.50 . Keep it looking like new.
Unless your engine is filthy just wet it downwind simple green cleaner then wash.
And here I am, 7 months into ownership and I've taken a hose and a rag to my truck twice to knock off the pollen and dust. I've vacuumed the floor a couple times, and I did just take a wet rag to the dash and rubber floormat yesterday for the first time, though, so there's that. :fishing1:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat