Death wobble at 100+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Your kidding right? So as long as I've got this drop on my truck it's going to wobble? That's FU__ED!!!
Why doesn't anyone ever post stuff like that? Dude I spent $500 to drop it and another $200 on a adjustable pan hard bar so I can't drive my truck fast any more! That's FU__ED up!!!

bouf0010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your kidding right? So as long as I've got this drop on my truck it's going to wobble? That's FU__ED!!!
Why doesn't anyone ever post stuff like that? Dude I spent $500 to drop it and another $200 on a adjustable pan hard bar so I can't drive my truck fast any more! That's FU__ED up!!!

while you're at it you might want to take a look at the alignment of the wheel in the wheel well from a front to back perspective, youll most likely need adjustable control arms too.

these image are borrowed from the spohn website

uploadfromtaptalk1392726741894.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1392726769479.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Lol, I know that truck! We were both talking to Spohn when he originally got that done, saved me having to do the measurements.

As for the rear-end 'waggle' the alignment is very key. At speed, a very minor angle in the line of thrust can cause issues, that's where the full set of adjustable bars comes in handy, you can dial it in perfectly for the ride height. Also, find out what your front caster angle is, if they set it back to factory spec you're now actually sitting more positive relative to the factory spec which can cause issues at higher speeds. For high speed driving a negative caster is better than a zero caster angle.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

i mostly feel it when there is a small curve on the road and im doing like 80-90. thats one of the reasons why i want to finish my suspension. better shocks new swaybars ect.

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just thought of this, no one here is talking about pinion angle, I would bet that has a lot to do with vibration too
The adjustable upper and lower control arms will fix that

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just thought of this, no one here is talking about pinion angle, I would bet that has a lot to do with vibration too
The adjustable upper and lower control arms will fix that

very true.

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah anytime I have ever lower a truck it was with leaf springs and the provided a shim for the pinion angle (before my 2012 Ram and this truck)
Anytime I have lowered a 4th gen f-body we had an adjustable torque arm to set the pinion angle to -1*

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sweet. I priced all that stuff last night, I just dumped $700 and now I've got to dump another $800 to get my truck back to where it was before the drop.
$1,500 to stop wheel spin is a little excessive. This kits should come with a warning.
(Warning if installed you could possible trash your trucks drivability, causing you to spend tons of money to fix what wasn't broke. High probability your wife is going to nut the f__K out when she finds out your ********.)

bouf0010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sweet. I priced all that stuff last night, I just dumped $700 and now I've got to dump another $800 to get my truck back to where it was before the drop.
$1,500 to stop wheel spin is a little excessive. This kits should come with a warning.
(Warning if installed you could possible trash your trucks drivability, causing you to spend tons of money to fix what wasn't broke. High probability your wife is going to nut the f__K out when she finds out your ********.)

wouldn't it increase wheel spin due to reducing the ability for the truck to squat at launch?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine moved my center of gravity back over the rear axle, before where my truck would just smoke the tires, now there is very little wheel spin, and my truck pulls hard. I love the added performance, this whole wobble thing has me a little messed up.
Hopefully the APB fixes this issue and I can go back to driving my truck like I stole it. ;)
Again I would like to thank everyone for you useful information, helping this newbie in his trucks transformation.

petesnchz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM EXPRESS SINGLE CAB
Engine
So how many people with a lowered truck has the wobble? I was really wanting to do this soon but if it's going to cost $1500 dollars for it not to wobble I might just leave mine stock for a while. I thought the relocation bracket was to fix that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I've heard it's just the R/T's with the issue. Mines bad enough... Well it just sucks.
I'm hoping the adjustable pan hard bar fixes it.

wickedwhite2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a single cab express with the 2/4 drop and it does the same thing. I was on my way to work one morning and some guy on the interstate wanted play. So I punched it. At about 110 it felt like the rear end was going to sling shot pass me. Its a nice way to wake you up at 6 am in the morning. I will watch this post. I want the know the fix for this problem.

jcs64

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 4wd
Engine
hemi 5.7
cant remember who it was that had the thread going for a while about this but I thought that after several pics were posted, we figured out that the relocator bracket for the stock panhard bar was not relocating the angle enough to mimic the stock angle.

This is not the first time there have been complaints about the bell tech kit.
As mentioned in that other thread, the mcgaughys kit seems to locate the panhard bar at almost the stock angle, and after running mine for ~1200 miles there is nothing exciting to report, everything feels fine.
(got to admit though, the thought of 100mph+ on the street would never cross my mind)

I really hope you can get this straightened out w/ out all the extra adjustable bars and extra $.

jeff

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lance,

After looking into this for you I see that we don’t actually list this kit to be applicable for the Ram RT as we do for the rest of the models. I would suggest using the adjustable relocation bracket that you purchased to see if this helps your issue. I would also suggest checking the rear control arm bushings because if they have been worn overtime this issue can occur. I spoke with our R&D department and they have not been able to replicate the issue you are referring to. On the trucks that have been tested here in house and had these kits installed on them there have not been any rear end issues. Unfortunately due to this we do not have any plans to create a different bracket or alter our kit as the issue cannot be replicated here.

If you have anymore questions please let me know.

Chad Gordon
Technical Advisor

KW automotive North America, Inc.
1075 North Avenue
******, CA 93657 USA
Tel: +1 559.875.0222 ext. 116
Fax: +1 559.876.2259
Email: [email protected]
Web: KW automotive North America, Inc. /// Be successful with KW suspension - made for Winners!

petesnchz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM EXPRESS SINGLE CAB
Engine
Wow, that sucks. So does anyone with a Mcgaughys kit have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoes09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 09 CC Sport with the Mcgaughys economy kit and have the wobble also. I tried using the Bell Tech lowered shocks(silver) on the rear but the problem got worse. Was told the belltech shocks aren't as good as the factory ones. I replaced the rears with Billstein 4600's and still having wobble.

I am thinking about replacing the factory front shocks with 4600's but not sure it will help.

I've been running the drop since 2010.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put the adjustable bar on and it fixed mine

Forum statistics