Death Wobbles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarineRamsMom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
HELP .. I'm currently overseeing my son's 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel SKL and while taking it for a spin punched the gas to get into oncoming traffic, the whole front end began shaking and shimmying so bad I thought the truck was going to shake completely apart. Is there a reasonable mechanic that knows about these issues or can someone recommend a good reasonable mechanic that specializes in Dodge Rams.. this was a very scary moment and most people I ask who drive a Dodge drive a newer one and take their Trucks to the local dealership but I''ve not heard good things about the 2 that are closest to me. Help

Logan Klein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Death wobble can be caused by a few things. Most, but not all the time, wobble is caused by the track bar. The trackbar's purpose is to control the side-to-side movements of the front axle, to help keeping the truck going straight down the road and keep it stable. if this trackbar bends, it can affect the position of the axle and cause the wobbling. What I'm saying may not be what's wrong with your son's truck, the best thing you could do is take it to a mechanic who knows what they're doing and let them go through the front end and replace worn/malfunctioned parts.

OP
OP
M

MarineRamsMom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thanks Logan for that response, do you know of a reasonable mechanic im the Dallas area? I'm completely lost with Dodge, I drive a foreign car and have a foreign mechanic but he doesn't work on American vehicles and unable to recommend someone.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Death Wobble could be anything from tires to trackbar. I have dealt with Death Wobble on a few my trucks. I purchased them used and have to fix the wobble.

Take your truck to a Dodge/Ram dealership.

Make sure you have the upgraded draglink setup. 2007.5+ and if you have BFG AT KO or KO2s. Trash them.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Send a big SEMPER FI to this young Marine for me. Please ma’am.
I retired from the Marine Corps in 2000. 1st Mar Div
1st Force Recon

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 2500 4x4 C/C Off Road.

OP
OP
M

MarineRamsMom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thanks 17Crew Cab1500, i appreciate the response and OORAH McBroom! I'm very proud of my Semper Fi and you. Thank you sir for your service and commitment to our country. Good Bless you and the USA

Ramclash1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had the death wobble for over a year! I couldn’t figure what was causing this I checked my lift,shocks etc and i still had it. I finally bought nitto 37s and the wobble is gone!!!! Completely gone!