Delivery Delays on New Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Sorry, I should have posted some sooner. I'm planning on eventually putting a leveling kit and 35s on it. View attachment 249565View attachment 249566View attachment 249567View attachment 249568View attachment 249569

Very nice! That thing is a beast but beauty on the inside. My neighbor is hemming and hawing over a 6.4L vs Cummins and I laugh because his current ride is a minivan. I told him to just get a 1500 but he thinks he will be towing a small town out of the blue, hah.

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Wow... a column shifter. I would love to have that. I hate that freakin' roulette wheel they put in my 1500.

From what I've read online, they're supposed to be switching to an Allison transmission on the heavy duty trucks, possibly with the 2022 models. If I remember correctly, it will be an 8 speed like what is in the 1500s and will come with the little selector wheel on the dash.

techfan42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
Our 2021 Ram was ordered in November... took delivery in Feb. They said it came out of TX

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
From what I've read online, they're supposed to be switching to an Allison transmission on the heavy duty trucks, possibly with the 2022 models. If I remember correctly, it will be an 8 speed like what is in the 1500s and will come with the little selector wheel on the dash.

Be still, my heart! How'd they wrestle the exclusive contract from GM, which at one time had Allison as a Division?

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Be still, my heart! How'd they wrestle the exclusive contract from GM, which at one time had Allison as a Division?

Don't quote me on that because I can't remember where I read it. But the Allison was mentioned as a possibility but not a definite replacement. It did say that whether it was Allison or not,, the 2022 would most likely see an all new transmission in the heavy duty truck that would be either an 8 or 10 speed version to keep pace with what Ford and GM are currently offering. I also remember reading that the possibility of a 9 speed in house tyranny was being talked about also.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI

Thanks for sharing. Disappointed it is planned only for diesel engine - I have the Allison 1000 6 speed in my Chevy Kodiak 5500 with 8.1L gas engine, and it is wonderful. They tune it differently for the diesel engine. I wish they would do that for Ram HD also instead of keeping the goofy ZF (serviceability) trans.

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
Ordered in November, came in February like my salesman stated it would. Purchased from Scranton Dodge. Only thing is I was told I’d be getting updates emailed & I got none. Someone screwed up somewhere but my sales guy knew the whereabouts of the unit after a serial number was designated

JMay14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins SO
When I signed the paperwork on my truck it had already made it to Louisiana from Mexico. I thought it wouldn't take but a couple of days to reach the RR hub in Georgia from there but it ended up taking a week and a half. Sat at the hub for about 2 weeks after that before it finally made it to the dealer.

How was you able to find that info out. All I am getting is an ETA to the dealership. And that from Ram and my dealer. And it’s roughly June 14th. It came off assembly line and staffs for shipping on May 24th. Hard to believe it takes over 3 weeks to get from Mexico to Lexington Ky….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How was you able to find that info out. All I am getting is an ETA to the dealership. And that from Ram and my dealer. And it’s roughly June 14th. It came off assembly line and staffs for shipping on May 24th. Hard to believe it takes over 3 weeks to get from Mexico to Lexington Ky….

Here is a picture my dealer sent me of his computer screen. Looks like a website he has access to that shows the origin location of the vehicle, it's last location along the route, and the final destination, all provided with eta dates.28008.jpeg

JMay14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins SO

I just talked to my dealer salesman. He told me when he got back to the dealership tomorrow that he could send me that screen shot of what you just sent me. He told me my truck was in Tennessee at the rail yard awaiting transport. And it’s showing delay in transport. And that could be caused by shortage of drivers. Or they are waiting on other trucks to come from the rail so that they can fill up that transporter truck hauler. But he told me he would send me a screen shot like you have. Not sure that will make me feel
Any better. But it’s something anyway. Said earliest he would expect it would be next week. Does that sound accurate to you ?

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just talked to my dealer salesman. He told me when he got back to the dealership tomorrow that he could send me that screen shot of what you just sent me. He told me my truck was in Tennessee at the rail yard awaiting transport. And it’s showing delay in transport. And that could be caused by shortage of drivers. Or they are waiting on other trucks to come from the rail so that they can fill up that transporter truck hauler. But he told me he would send me a screen shot like you have. Not sure that will make me feel
Any better. But it’s something anyway. Said earliest he would expect it would be next week. Does that sound accurate to you ?

Once mine made it to the rail hub it was about 2 weeks before it was delivered. I kept calling or texting my salesman every few days asking for updates to try to keep him pushing the issue. My salesman in turn kept pushing the issue with his boss who called the railyard a couple of times to try to expedite things. As others have mentioned, your dealer can send a driver to pick up your truck if it looks like the delay is going to be longer. Mine mentioned doing that but the truck ended up being delivered the next day.

JMay14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins SO
Once mine made it to the rail hub it was about 2 weeks before it was delivered. I kept calling or texting my salesman every few days asking for updates to try to keep him pushing the issue. My salesman in turn kept pushing the issue with his boss who called the railyard a couple of times to try to expedite things. As others have mentioned, your dealer can send a driver to pick up your truck if it looks like the delay is going to be longer. Mine mentioned doing that but the truck ended up being delivered the next day.

84d0d505d9995dec891f261fd448020b.jpg
This is what my dealer just sent me. I guess it arrived there today at the hub in Nashville. Hope it don’t sit there long.

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
84d0d505d9995dec891f261fd448020b.jpg
This is what my dealer just sent me. I guess it arrived there today at the hub in Nashville. Hope it don’t sit there long.

I notice it doesn't show an estimated delivery date to the dealer. Mine was originally showing a delivery date window of 5/14-5/28. That ended up getting extended to 6/4. But it did end up being delivered on the 28th. But like I said it arrived at the railyard on 5/15. Apparently the driver shortage is pretty bad. I had no idea before my dealer told me about it. Luckily he was willing to push the issue with the railyard and get it on a truck a little quicker. Maybe yours can do the same. Good luck!

JMay14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins SO
I notice it doesn't show an estimated delivery date to the dealer. Mine was originally showing a delivery date window of 5/14-5/28. That ended up getting extended to 6/4. But it did end up being delivered on the 28th. But like I said it arrived at the railyard on 5/15. Apparently the driver shortage is pretty bad. I had no idea before my dealer told me about it. Luckily he was willing to push the issue with the railyard and get it on a truck a little quicker. Maybe yours can do the same. Good luck!

Would that ETA window be the estimated delivery date? I am really hoping I get lucky and they put that ram on a transport truck this weekend and have that thing at the dealership Monday. I’m gonna call my salesman today and see if he can put a rush on it. I have to get it and get the b&w turnover ball installed before we leave for our trip to Tennessee on June 30th. If not, I’ll have to cancel. So maybe he will do me a solid and put a rush on it from the rail hub like your dealer did for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357