Delivery Delays on New Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Usually a Hot Shot driver will haul 3 or 4 vehicles at a time

Georgia has 2 possible RR towns where they can drop off Rams

Hapeville, GA (Atlanta)
Lawrenceville, GA

Is Winston-Salem, NC too far away from where you live, they, the RR unload vehicles there also

Found another R.R Hub
Columbia, SC (Dixiana)
SC003
CSX
3450 Charleston Hwy, RT321 W. Columbia, SC

I'm in Florence, SC but the dealer is in Charlotte, NC. So Winston Salem or even Columbia would actually be much closer to them than GA. I'm not sure how far away Lawrenceville, GA is but I know Atlanta is around 6 1/2 hours from Charlotte. I'm not sure how they determine which hub the vehicles go to. Probably just a central location for the Southeast, I'm guessing.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The MFT is something I really wanted. I also really hated the puny 23 gallon gas tank. I eventually wanted to get into a Limited for a long term truck. This situation with the high used truck values just made that happen about a year earlier than I had planned. Everyone's situation is different, and if you're happy with your current truck that's great. :waytogo:

Sure I would like more bling, and and, but to trade in a MY 19 with 16K on Odometer, paid off, to get a truck with a MFT, basically cost me 30K, ah, no, ne body know Bill gates? Or maybe set up a go fund me acct for the BOIRD: Need 39K new truck and 45K for new motorcycle, LOL... :rolleyes:

ADDED: I do have 26 gallon tank and Level II exterior LED's which R nice. I put the LED's in for the interior, except for lower glove box, not necessary.

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just got off the phone with the dealer. Truck arrived at the dealership this morning and they are delivering it this afternoon. Looks like I got lucky after all.
Congratulations! Exciting day. Enjoy the ride.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Congratulations

Walk around it & look at the roof
Some times things happen during transit

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Congratulations

Walk around it & look at the roof
Some times things happen during transit

Absolutely! I already told the dealer to inspect it for any transit damage but I'm sure it's not as much of a priority for him as it is for me. I plan on going over every inch of it, inside and out.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was at my dealership today and I was told the shortage is about over and things will be back to normal by the end of summer or early fall. Not sure how true this is.

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Even when supply starts to pick back up it will be a while before it catches up with demand. I bet prices, at least on new vehicles, will remain high for quite a while. Dealerships around here are very low on inventory, especially trucks.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My dealer had a mark up of about 4k on a new Laramie.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same here. The dealer I bought mine from raised the price of all their new Laramies by $4,000 right after I bought mine.
I will say my dealership was about 50% The Chevy lot was maybe 30% I passed by a big chevy lot yesterday and they had maybe 10 vehicles. It looked like a ghost lot.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was at my dealership today and I was told the shortage is about over and things will be back to normal by the end of summer or early fall. Not sure how true this is.
Sounds like wishful thinking to me. There's no way it can happen that soon. We use a lot of IC's (chips) where I work. We manufacture products that are critical to electric power generation, distribution, and transmission. We're being told not to expect IC availability to approach normal levels until August of 2022. So it looks like it could be more than a year from now. Fortunately our purchasing folks saw the writing on the wall and made arrangements to have supplies we'll need to last us that long. There are new wafer fab plants being built, but those aren't scheduled to be online until the end of next year. Things are about to get bumpy.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
We could be about to see a jump in prices across the Electronics Spectrum

When Tesla could not get the Chips that he needed for some electronic equipment.
He went shopping for more Advanced Chips & he had the engineers rewrite the software to DUMB DOWN the chips.

If other corporations start doing the same thing until they can get the Basic Chips again.
We are going to see jumping prices.

Auto Manufacturers are leasing farmers fields to store brand new worthless vehicles

RedNBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Roughly 2 1/2 weeks. Not too awfully bad from what I've been reading but that seems like an eternity when you're waiting on it. Mine hit the rail yard on the 15th. Saturday will be 2 weeks.
Eternity is an understatement! I called and texted my salesman every day!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’d love to sell my truck and make 5k over what I owe but then what would I buy? I’ve paid for my bilstein setup since January. I know Nick is tired of my every other month messages. :D

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seems to be everywhere. A month before my hip replacement we ordered a new reclining couch to replace the d one the wife would get swallowed in. 3 months later we're still in folding chairs. Who knew?