New member shipping delays on new Ram 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChetGMS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So far everything has went pretty smooth. I ordered a 2024 Ram 3500 Limited July 5th. Order confirmed July 6th, scheduled July 26th, In production Sept. 3rd, vehicle built Sept. 6th. It has said Shipping TBD since the 6th with an estimated delivery of November 15th. I asked the dealer today (September 30th) if they knew anything and they said it shows delayed shipping but they have no idea why. Not sure why it would take 2 and a half months to ship but that's not near as long as others I've seen on here.
I'm glad I ordered when I did because the price went up $2000 since July.

OP
OP
C

ChetGMS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Track it yourself

I’ve been using the Ram tracker to keep up with it plus I get email alerts if anything changes. I was just hoping the dealership had more info since nothing has changed in over a month.

OP
OP
C

ChetGMS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
They are likely waiting to have enough Heavy Duty Rams to fill 1 freight car, with a destination of Kansas City.
They won't ship a partial freight car
I think you’re right. It is being shipped to KY but I’ve seen several people on here with theirs being built after mine that have already been delivered to dealerships so it must be because not many were coming to KY.

OP
OP
C

ChetGMS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just got word this morning that it was delayed again from November 3rd to November 26th. I will give it until the 16th and if it's not here I will cancel the order and try to find something similar on the lot somewhere.

Last edited:

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hate to say it but special ordering outside of collectors cars just isn't worth it anymore. If you know what options you want and what colors you prefer hit the web and shop around. Many dealers will do free delivery within so many miles, so check out of state if you need to.

That said if you can wait till next year wait till next year. Between the Fed and the strike now is a very bad time to buy. Obviously if you are in a pinch and need something soon do what you need to, but if I was even thinking about a new vehicle now I'd wait three months.

OP
OP
C

ChetGMS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hate to say it but special ordering outside of collectors cars just isn't worth it anymore. If you know what options you want and what colors you prefer hit the web and shop around. Many dealers will do free delivery within so many miles, so check out of state if you need to.

That said if you can wait till next year wait till next year. Between the Fed and the strike now is a very bad time to buy. Obviously if you are in a pinch and need something soon do what you need to, but if I was even thinking about a new vehicle now I'd wait three months.
I'm kind of in a pinch. It is a company truck used for deliveries. When I ordered it at the beginning of July they said I'd have it by the end of September. Now saying the end of November.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm kind of in a pinch. It is a company truck used for deliveries. When I ordered it at the beginning of July they said I'd have it by the end of September. Now saying the end of November.
Well if it's a company truck you should be able to write most of it off on your taxes, so having to pay sticker price and getting a bad interest rate isn't such a killer. Still worth shopping around. Check dealers in other states. I know Steve White here in NC ships to many states for free.

OP
OP
C

ChetGMS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well if it's a company truck you should be able to write most of it off on your taxes, so having to pay sticker price and getting a bad interest rate isn't such a killer. Still worth shopping around. Check dealers in other states. I know Steve White here in NC ships to many states for free.
I will cancel if it's not delivered by the 16th of this month. I've been seeing several dealerships now offering $7,000 to $8,000 off of MSRP. Interest rates are terrible right now but you correct, I can write off the purchase price plus whatever is spent on interest.