New 1500 Delivery changed back to TBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rambuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
So ordered a new 1500 Limited with most options and night edition. Ordered July 12 and received the notification from RAM a month later on how to track the order along with an expected delivery of October 9. So this morning I see the delivery is now TBD. The dealer let's me know on his system (and I know this guy and trust him) that on his system it shows "shipped to body vendor" which is usually spray in bed liner. That was dated Sept 13. No new updates on the dealer portal since. Anybody having similar wait extensions? I mean I get this is a bit of a black hole and perhaps strike/slowdown related. Just checking to see if others having similar experience. Thanks!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
that on his system it shows "shipped to body vendor" which is usually spray in bed liner.
Most likely your truck is at the Mopar Custom shop on the corner of 16 Mile and VanDyke. The bed liners, special decals, and other custom options not installed on the line end up there. I regularly see hundreds of new Ram trucks lined up there.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I see Ground Effects is directly across from the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant South Paint shop

By the way, unless ownership has changed recently

Ground Effects Ltd. has a facility close to every Ford, GM, Chrysler Assembly Plant

Ground Effects is a partnership between LINE_X Corporation & a large Investment Company

FCA Sterling Heights Body Shop is located between 16 1/2 Mile Road & 17 Mile Road

================
Rambuck ..
Your Ram will be off loaded from the freight train just south west of Baltimore, area called Jessup.
It will be hauled to your dealership by Car Hauler from there..

Unfortunately :(
The freight trains routing is not a direct line

It will leave Sterling Heights Michigan,
next stop is a HUGE Rail Road HUB, at Naperville, Ill.
It may be at that Hub being shuffled around for about a week.
Then it will travel either to St. Louis or Indianapolis.
Then i think it will go to Pittsburg & then Jessup

Last edited:
OP
OP
rambuck

rambuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
OK - so maybe I see my RAM in November..... Thanks for the insights.

Jonnyb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious. Can you fly to Michigan and pick up the truck there or does it require shipping. Another member suggested I order one. Shipping delay is cause for concern

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have not read of a single instance, where a customer can pick up their vehicle any where but the dealership where they placed the order.

On occasion, the dealership will hire a Hot Shot driver to go to the Railhead, where the vehicle is scheduled to be off loaded from the Freight Railcar, but that does not happen often, it could happen if there was a Natural Disaster or if the the car hauling company could not pick up the vehicle.

OP
OP
rambuck

rambuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
Truck Delivered November 4 to my dealer and picked it up same day.

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1626.jpg
    IMG_1626.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1625.jpg
    IMG_1625.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1623.jpg
    IMG_1623.jpg