Demco 5th Wheel Lifting Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
This think is pretty damn smart! I will be taking the 5th wheel hitch out when not is use. There is no way I can lift the Reese 16k hitch by myself out of the bed. With the HF electric hoist, the bracket makes it a dream. I could only find it here and etrailers have been good to me over the years.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Demco/DM6100.html#exp-productdetails=.all-description

20190508_191724.jpg 20190509_052712.jpg

the only thing I can say bad about this is that the paint chips just by looking at it wrong. It was chipped out of the box and more test fitting it. I may strip it and then have it powdercoated
20190508_191455.jpg 20190508_191504.jpg

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
As someone who's lifted their 16k slider in and out of the truck....I approve of this message. However....I wouldn't want my hitch hanging in the garage. I have too much going on in there. Currently I either just hang it from my pin or break it down and have someone help me take it out in 2 pieces for long term storage. I've also seen guys make dollies too put it on so they can wheel it around. If I had room in garage I'd use this tool too lift it then lower it on a dolly and slide it out of the way.

ReefRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This think is pretty damn smart! I will be taking the 5th wheel hitch out when not is use. There is no way I can lift the Reese 16k hitch by myself out of the bed. With the HF electric hoist, the bracket makes it a dream. I could only find it here and etrailers have been good to me over the years.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Demco/DM6100.html#exp-productdetails=.all-description

View attachment 165566 View attachment 165567

the only thing I can say bad about this is that the paint chips just by looking at it wrong. It was chipped out of the box and more test fitting it. I may strip it and then have it powdercoated
View attachment 165568 View attachment 165569

If you never did anything but use that pin. It still has a better service life than you. I'm going to need one soon enough. I can't take a slider out by myself either. I can however leve it out in the pole barn.

OP
OP
WY-Dave

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
As someone who's lifted their 16k slider in and out of the truck....I approve of this message. However....I wouldn't want my hitch hanging in the garage. I have too much going on in there. Currently I either just hang it from my pin or break it down and have someone help me take it out in 2 pieces for long term storage. I've also seen guys make dollies too put it on so they can wheel it around. If I had room in garage I'd use this tool too lift it then lower it on a dolly and slide it out of the way.

I hope that no one would leave the hitch hanging from the ceiling, I thought that would be common sense, but I have been proven wrong many times when it comes to people and common sense. I use one of the HF 30x18 dollys. It barely fits but until I widen it, it will work for now

View media item 27592

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I used to leave my B/W hanging from the pin but have had it stick (jaws won't release after resetting it in the truck). I now support it with a jack stand while still hanging from the trailer. Even with that it still sticks every once on a while and I have to chock the trailer wheels and pull it free. In any case, OP's device looks pretty slick. Anything you can do to keep from lifting the hitch out by hand is a good thing for sure.