Dent repairable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I found this dent today iin my right rear near the door pylon area. I’m not certain what that area is actually called.

I once had Ram with a dent in the pylon itself by the rear window that and when we tried to get access to it it was reinforced with the second layer of metal and we could cannot get to it.

I’m hoping this dent isn’t going to be the same issue but maybe it will be.

If anyone has any info of what to anticipate behind were this dent is I appreciate your 2E1BE32A-C7CD-4DAC-B359-09A6D76629D9.jpeginput. Thank you.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anything is fixable with enough ambition lol. I dont know what's behind it but being that close to or actually at the bend of the cab corner it may be difficult to get out regardless. I would suggest taking it to your local Paintless Dent Repair shop and see what they say. I do know that when I went in for a dent removal from a grocery cart the guy told me that as long as the dent is not on a body line they should be able to do it. Take it in and see what they say

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The guy i plan to take it to is a master dent remover. I have seen him make dents disappear that other PDR guys could not.
But if there’s another layer of metal directly behind i do not think there is a easy approach. He needs to be able to get his little hockey stick looking tool in there

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He's going to have to drill a hole in the inner panel to get to it I think but he should be able to get it out.

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The PDR guy made the dent disappear in about 40 mins. He never tried to get behind it. He just used the pull and tamper method. I asked him if he’s done more than 10,000 dent repairs and he replied “way more than that”