Dependable.....I think not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel
I own a new 3500 cummins diesel dual rear wheels...it has 7000km....lemon...been in the shop 2 months in the 6 months I've owned it. First the carriage bolts all needed to be replaced, now the differential is experiencing a defect with the crown ring and pinion...was told there were several trucks with the problem and were in the queue for the parts...major problems for a new expensive truck....no idea when dodge can get the parts....what a joke.....seriously...called the helpline and their response was that he did not know when the parts would be available.....one day to one year....no idea...its a $90000.00 waste....buy a Chevy, GMC, Toyota, Nissan, Ford....or even a honda ridgeline.....at least it will work.....buyer beware

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sorry to hear of your problems. Just danced with Toyota on my wife's van with warranty parts issue. I called different numbers over two days, spent probably 10 hours before I got the answer I wanted. Maybe try calling dealers in a 100 or 200 or even 300 mile radius. Somebody might have the parts for some weird reason and I know that sucks you would have to do that in the first place. For my last Ram i got a backordered replacement part that happened to be at a dealer. Heard the truck it was for was totalled or something on its way in for the repair. Felt bad getting the part that way.

Gator57

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I own a new 3500 cummins diesel dual rear wheels...it has 7000km....lemon...been in the shop 2 months in the 6 months I've owned it. First the carriage bolts all needed to be replaced, now the differential is experiencing a defect with the crown ring and pinion...was told there were several trucks with the problem and were in the queue for the parts...major problems for a new expensive truck....no idea when dodge can get the parts....what a joke.....seriously...called the helpline and their response was that he did not know when the parts would be available.....one day to one year....no idea...its a $90000.00 waste....buy a Chevy, GMC, Toyota, Nissan, Ford....or even a honda ridgeline.....at least it will work.....buyer beware
good luck getting similar power without issues out of anything else. GM is a train wreck right now. Toyota doesn’t make anything to compete. The Nissan hd is a way lower bracket truck. The powerstroke has been behind its whole life. Your truck is having issues. It happens. Being shocked they aren’t offering you free **** is entitlement to its max.

OP
OP
P

Phair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel
good luck getting similar power without issues out of anything else. GM is a train wreck right now. Toyota doesn’t make anything to compete. The Nissan hd is a way lower bracket truck. The powerstroke has been behind its whole life. Your truck is having issues. It happens. Being shocked they aren’t offering you free **** is entitlement to its max.

Where in my thread did you see me asking for free stuff dummy. Not looking for free stuff...want a warrantied issue fixed....read the thread before you post about entitlement. you spend 90G on a truck that spends 2 of 6 months in a shop and be completely happy with it...come on get real....clearly you love dodge and that's ok but I NEVER asked for free **** .....re-read the post...or get someone else to read it to you

OP
OP
P

Phair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel
Sorry to hear of your problems. Just danced with Toyota on my wife's van with warranty parts issue. I called different numbers over two days, spent probably 10 hours before I got the answer I wanted. Maybe try calling dealers in a 100 or 200 or even 300 mile radius. Somebody might have the parts for some weird reason and I know that sucks you would have to do that in the first place. For my last Ram i got a backordered replacement part that happened to be at a dealer. Heard the truck it was for was totalled or something on its way in for the repair. Felt bad getting the part that way.

thanks for the advice...I just don’t understand the dealer not being able to get genuine mopar parts....it’s weird....the dealer said it’s a defect having the 1000ft/lbs motor paired with that particular differential...several trucks are having the same problem and as the parts come off the line they are spoke for

Gator57

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where in my thread did you see me asking for free stuff dummy. Not looking for free stuff...want a warrantied issue fixed....read the thread before you post about entitlement. you spend 90G on a truck that spends 2 of 6 months in a shop and be completely happy with it...come on get real....clearly you love dodge and that's ok but I NEVER asked for free **** .....re-read the post...or get someone else to read it to you
I don’t like dodge at all actually.. I really enjoy my Ram though! I did misread part of your post but **** happens man. A lot of us in these forums spent at least 30,000 on our trucks the more built ones easily have $50k in them. I have about 35k in mine personally. Spending more money for more options doesn’t make the truck any less likely to break. I bashed your statement because you’re on a ram forum bashing rams and telling people to go to other brands. Only two of the brands offer anything near a diesel dually with a 1000 ft lbs of torque. 1 of those is GM and I can tell you from personal experience your much better off with ram. We’re still not caught up on parts from the strike. During the strike it was taking well over ) months just to get head gaskets.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I don’t like dodge at all actually.. I really enjoy my Ram though! I did misread part of your post but **** happens man. A lot of us in these forums spent at least 30,000 on our trucks the more built ones easily have $50k in them. I have about 35k in mine personally. Spending more money for more options doesn’t make the truck any less likely to break. I bashed your statement because you’re on a ram forum bashing rams and telling people to go to other brands. Only two of the brands offer anything near a diesel dually with a 1000 ft lbs of torque. 1 of those is GM and I can tell you from personal experience your much better off with ram. We’re still not caught up on parts from the strike. During the strike it was taking well over ) months just to get head gaskets.

If you’re legitimately considering GM over RAM then your priorities are massively screwed. If you want MASSIVE unreliability then go with GM, good luck when the duramax burns more oil than it does gas.

edit: quoted the wrong post, sorry bout that.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in

Pretty sure the only Free **** he got was the Junk truck Problems, the lack of parts and support, from both the Dealer and FCA

OP
OP
P

Phair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel
Pretty sure the only Free **** he got was the Junk truck Problems, the lack of parts and support, from both the Dealer and FCA

Thanks for reading and yes...the only free stuff was the problems and lack of service...I never asked for anything for free....so calling me entitled is out to lunch

OP
OP
P

Phair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel

Despite you calling me entitled for wanting my defective truck repaired....I'll go one step further....they offered me a rental but I still have my old truck and I thought rather than wasting the dealers and dodges money I would use my old truck....that was a month ago...I saved them alot of cash.....sounds like someone who is entitled to the max...

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Thanks for reading and yes...the only free stuff was the problems and lack of service...I never asked for anything for free....so calling me entitled is out to lunch

Got to disagree with you there.
pretty sure when someone spends 90K on a one ton truck they are entitled to a Dependable Workhorse.
You are buying a Clydesdale, not a Chihuahua.

OP
OP
P

Phair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel
Got to disagree with you there.
pretty sure when someone spends 90K on a one ton truck they are entitled to a Dependable Workhorse.
You are buying a Clydesdale, not a Chihuahua.

Thanks bud...couldn't have said it better myself

Gator57

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Clydesdale or chihuahua doesn’t matter. They both get sick the same way. Biggest difference is when a Clydesdale breaks its leg you put it down. The chihuahua is much cheaper to fix

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I went through parts issues on my first ram diesel. Bought in 2005, but a 2006 model. 6 weeks for a wiring harness in the first week I had it and the next year just as long for a module for the antitheft system and the list goes on and never a courtesy vehicle. Now I have rental car coverage in case I need it, but annoys me that I feel the need with a brand new truck bought so I'd have reliable transportation. Right now if I needed a diesel I'd be in an F350 or 450 in a dually to get the wide front axle and impressively small turning radius, but the turbo and stupid long wheelbase of the F150 keeps me ram in the 1/2 tons along with the lower price.

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Way to win over people by name calling. Signed up to vent is fine but to keep it classy!

OP
OP
P

Phair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel
Way to win over people by name calling. Signed up to vent is fine but to keep it classy!

not trying to win over people and not willing to be accused of things I don't do....never asked for free "****" and not entitled...just hoping people have some advice and perhaps people may learn something from my post.....I was called entitled first by someone who didn't read the post

OP
OP
P

Phair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel
So called FCA Customer care again today...they still have no idea when the parts would be available.....1 day to one month to one year......so much for me having an entitled attitude.....the truck is 6 months old with 7000Km....brutal

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
That's a bummer. I think I'd still take them up on the loaner, just less likely to forget about you if you're driving around in one of their vehicles.

I find these parts availability things interesting as my daughter was driving an new all wheel drive Cadillac a couple years back and the transfer case/trans went out. They said it could be up to 8 weeks to get a unit. I said I thought they built them everyday so there should be some available. Apparently not, she took the loaner and it was about a month for parts to arrive.

Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobram1500