Diablosport or HP Tuners for 2014 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
I have done some cost calculations today, and HP tuners was going to be more expensive for me, i have additional fees that you guys wont suffer as based in the UK.

HP tuners was going to be $400 for hardware and 2 credits, then an additional $450 for Jay's tune as he charges an additional $100 over the cost of the diablosport for a tune according to his facebook page. Thats PCM alone.

I have been fortunate enough to find someone selling an unused i3 here in the UK for £330, and that is too good of an opportunity to pass up.
If I'm not mistaken I think the tuners like Jay are charged a license fee for the PCM & TCM from HPtuners the reason its more expensive.

If you can get that i3 to flash TCM with the help of Diablosport updates for that 2014 then Jay can write tune to TCM for less........Hemifever will also.

Last edited:

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
some great info in here! i have a 14 and am considering a ecm and tcm tune. im only interested in custom tunes, not canned tunes. another value in the hptuner (correct me if im wrong), you can tune multiple vehicles with it. so i could tune my truck and my wifes yukon with the same tuner. a lot of value there imo. you would really need to compare all the costs to see what is worth it for you.
You are correct. Once you purchase the MPVI2 from HP Tuners and download the VCM Suite, you can tune multiple vehicles with the purchase of a vehicle license credit from HP Tuners.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
One last thing about HP Tuners. It does cost more than buying a simple handheld device like a Diablosport Tuner or one from the other manufacturers like SCT or SuperChips. The cost of tuning is always a factor to consider. I am a Chrysler Master/ASE Master Tech. When I look at different tuning options, I look for the device that will give me the most control and the ability to make adjustments myself. Not everyone has an interest in learning how to tune themselves and that's perfectly okay.

Not everyone understands what is actually happening when tuning. It can be overwhelming the first time you open the VCM Suite. Tuning is an art and takes a ton of patience and understanding.

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I tune my supercharged silverado and had my R/T charger dyno tuned with my HPT interface and credits.
It's not something you learn or master in a week or months.

I have ran scan logs on Diablo tubed vehicles finding them to be either pulling major timing or lacking.
The key is to learn to run scan logs and work with Diablo so they can help you find your ragged edge or sweet spot. Lots of people buy a Diablo and never do this.
No two vehicles tune the same.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am still trying to learn about this stuff. I have a 2011 5.7 Ram. If I buy the hemi fever diablo that comes with the emailed custom tune will that tune cover the Pcm and the tcm on my 2011?

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
A tune without trans calibraions shouldn't be available.
If they are making it an option that adds more go elsewhere.
Your looking for optimized air fuel ratio and timing, throttle response, raised shift points and faster shifting with added firmness.
This is the minimum a tune should include with customer support with the tuber/vendor available to read your WOT and driving logs for the final tweaks.