DiabloSport Tuners - Discussion & Help Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmark83

Reaction score
Have a question... just got my trinity and going to install 93 octane tune. And recommendations for shift rpms for best safe daily performance driving lol sounds like an oxymoron.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

tmark83

Reaction score
Thanks I will definitely check them out!!

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The canned tunes in the programmers don't do much for transmission tuning.

If you have a 6 speed HF can firm them up and set WOT shift points.

I understand, though, that 8-spd trans tuning is still in the works at DiabloSport.

tmark83

Reaction score
The canned tunes in the programmers don't do much for transmission tuning.

If you have a 6 speed HF can firm them up and set WOT shift points.

I understand, though, that 8-spd trans tuning is still in the works at DiabloSport.
Thanks I have the 8speed so guess I will have to be patient lol. I will say got the 93 octane tune in. Definitely noticed a different but most noticeable was how it pulled top end. Definitely need more though.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah, and that's where a custom tune will really shine. Upper end fuel and timing at WOT, better performance around town, better throttle response, etc...

Get a tune from Hemifever and he will work with you on updates that Diablosport issues at a later date.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I saw the 8 speed tuning on face book and that truck was really pulling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgenereux420

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SPORT
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What programer will help with my 8 speed just shifting better. Like stronger

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A Diablo with a custom tune

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my 2010 ram I was able to adjust my wot 1st and 2cnd gear shift points to 6200 but set them at 6K. I have the 545rfe 5-speed tranny.

MrRickbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
What does cdwell meaning?

Also, what is the best, most useful gauges to display?

MrRickbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Also, it says you can adjust shift points but I don’t have that function. Is that because of the trans I have? 8TH45?

RobertusvT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking to get rid of my inTune i3 Platinum that I have been using with my '14. Do i have to do anything to "unpair" it from my truck or can I just sell it as it is now?

Scott L

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 1998
Engine
HEMI & 5.9
I have a Diablo Trinity T1000. I recently sold the truck and restored it to factory via the backup. Now that my tuner is unmarried from that truck, it my custom tune gone off of it as well? I forgot to download it to a PC

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diablo cal issue.jpg I have a question ya all..........Took the tune out of my truck for the winter but left me ecu in it....Over the winter my truck got hit in a parkin lot..So it went in to be repaired and the dealer did some updates and im now just realizeing i left the diablo ecu in it...........
Went to put my tune back in and and my tuner is saying my cal needs to be down graded to a (bunch of #'s) from ai to and af(last two letters on the tuner)..

Before i start freakin is there anything gonna be locked out via dealer??

Not tried to do anything yet,about to hook up my tuner to pc here shortly..OK..went out after tool update and tried again..same thing..Heres a pic of the screen..

Last edited:

Patblack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My diablo sport fried my engine. Nothing but problems out of box. The company tried numerous fixes over the phone via satallite but finally determined code / unit was corrupt.

Not happy at all. Professionally installed w new Dodge flash on computer so foundation was good.

Company explained that Dodge was tough to write code for and all tuners need tweeks along way. It cost me thousands because they did not have their act together. 600.00 bucks n the tuner was NOT a ready to plug n play? If they were selling a developmental tuner they should have warned us.

Lastly did not even have decency to follow up n compensate for engine loss.

Pat T

Sent from my Armor_6E using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My diablo sport fried my engine. Nothing but problems out of box. The company tried numerous fixes over the phone via satallite but finally determined code / unit was corrupt.

Not happy at all. Professionally installed w new Dodge flash on computer so foundation was good.

Company explained that Dodge was tough to write code for and all tuners need tweeks along way. It cost me thousands because they did not have their act together. 600.00 bucks n the tuner was NOT a ready to plug n play? If they were selling a developmental tuner they should have warned us.

Lastly did not even have decency to follow up n compensate for engine loss. Anyone wanna buy a new tuner? (They sent back a new one that will never be run by me).

Pat T

Sent from my Armor_6E using Tapatalk

Sounds tempting. How much for pcm and tuner

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My ecu and tuner was fine before..I updated the tuner to where it needed to be but now it will not write to ecu now..Goes through all the steps and acts as if its sending to ecu then i get the msg "pcm error write failed(-1)....I continue and screen says The tune was not put in the vehicle...Finally the factory tune get re installed..
Acts like there is a road block writeing to pcm...
Been contacted by diablo(rich),workin on it..
Gettin a vibe that the dealer has a lock of sorts on it..My thinkin is that ill end up sending my pcu to diablo for a reflash..$100+ i dont really wanna spend rite now..

Patblack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What ended up happening? I had to get code from dealer for access

Sent from my Armor 8 using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's up fellas!? I scrolled through and didnt see this answered and can not find any info regarding it. For the trinity T1000, how the heck do you get it to read a SD card!?!? I've had this thing since like 2015 or 2016 and never tried using a sd card just have all my different tunes and logs from Sean in my computer, just had to get through DEQ for the 2nd time now since putting on the long tubes and it's a hastle to have to go back to my computer to change anything.

So, I bought a Sandisk ultra micro SD 64gb with adapter, stuck it into the trinity and powered on, went to options and Sd card and format, then it says no sd card detected [emoji2373] so power off the trinity pulled out the card, put it back in, turn the trinity on and same still say no sd card detected. Messed with everything I can think of and says same thing.
Is the sandisk ultra not compatible with the T1? What am I missing.
I looked at my trinity pamphlet and says nothing about installing a sd, looked at all the info online about the T1 and same no info on installing a sd card.
What the hell! Lol
Anyone know how?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963