Did I over pay for my Sport?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's black, you'll hate it in no time.

I'm not washing it every single day.

43k on a half ton gas truck is a killer deal?

You guys are nuts paying that for a 1500

Yes. Don't buy black, and don't spend 45k on a half ton truck.

And this is all coming from a dude that recently posted that he may be buying a BLACK, 3 year old sierra with 55,000 miles for....$42,000!! :roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared:

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
And that sierra is a lifted 2500 duramax. Not a 1/2 ton gas stock truck.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP, congrats on the 2015 Sport! If you got what you wanted, then you did fine. I had to drive to Canton GA from Nashville TN to get a great deal on a 2015 Sport 2WD. (No deals like yours near me.) Two units (one white, one gray) had been on the lot over 90 days so they knocked $9k off each. One time deal in April. Now most are 6K off only. I'm getting used to the white as well-rebadged mine in black and liking it. Possible black chrome wheels later.
2015%20Sport_1.jpg

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
up in the great white north sticker on my 14 Sport rcsb was 47k and change, I gave them 37k flat out the door and wished them a nice day. Enjoy the new ride.

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I thought about painting the badges a grey that is really close to the wheel color. But figured I would have to paint the chrome on the Ram heads the grey as well then decided to just pull them off. I am good for now.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is 41k a good deal for a sport with a 50k sticker price?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

its a good deal, but nothing earth shattering.. I assume you mean $9k off sticker and then tax and title on top of that. Wait till the last day of the month and hammer them for an extra $500 or $1000 off. Depends on where you live too. Some guys with $50k+ stickers say $11K-12k off sticker is what you should get off. Mine was $52.9k and i got $10.5k off and full blue book on my trade. This all happened bc i went in twith 2 days left in the month. I strated my negotiations about mid-month and only had them at $8500 off sticker and about $1000 less on my trade. If you have a trade and they low ball you, maybe you can get more off the sticker.....its all a game. In my area, the full blue book value and $10.5k off the sticker was a very good deal. Some can do a little better in other areas i have read on here. Thats if people are truthfull in their claims of course.

Last edited:

Scramblerider05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
its a good deal, but nothing earth shattering.. I assume you mean $9k off sticker and then tax and title on top of that. Wait till the last day of the month and hammer them for an extra $500 or $1000 off. Depends on where you live too. Some guys with $50k+ stickers say $11K-12k off sticker is what you should get off. Mine was $52.9k and i got $10.5k off and full blue book on my trade. This all happened bc i went in twith 2 days left in the month. I strated my negotiations about mid-month and only had them at $8500 off sticker and about $1000 less on my trade. If you have a trade and they low ball you, maybe you can get more off the sticker.....its all a game. In my area, the full blue book value and $10.5k off the sticker was a very good deal. Some can do a little better in other areas i have read on here. Thats if people are truthfull in their claims of course.
Yes $9k off sticker and tax and title on top of that

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Gasser you do realise that any 1500 can be stripped or completely luxury loaded right? The Sport is borderline soup to nuts loaded standard. Go and buy a F150 FX4 or Platinum, or a Silverado LTZ (even a well equipped Z71) for under 40K.. not going to happen. However.. a Ram Express, Silverado LT, or F150 STX is insane to pay that much for. you cant say "You guys are nuts paying that for a 1500" when the trim levels are so different.

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Leather, premium sound, don't care. I'd never pay that much for a half ton. What's the big deal? That much and I'm at least getting a 2500.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
To each their own, but you keep going back and forth with people arguing why they spend their money on what the want to. Your acting like a troll.. The OP asked if he got ripped off. the general concensus is no as its a loaded truck - the questions was not what you think a truck should be worth..

Just sayin..

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
........Mine was $52.9k and i got $10.5k off and full blue book on my trade. This all happened bc i went in with 2 days left in the month. I started my negotiations about mid-month and only had them at $8500 off sticker and about $1000 less on my trade. If you have a trade and they low ball you, maybe you can get more off the sticker.....its all a game. In my area, the full blue book value and $10.5k off the sticker was a very good deal. Some can do a little better in other areas i have read on here. Thats if people are truthfull in their claims of course.

I go in with the difference i want to pay. They can bump my trade or discount the buy as long as it hits the numbers I want. The higher the retail, the higher the discount, so figuring a good deal at 20% off you are "in line" with a $10,500 from $52,900. That's a good deal. Agreed it is a game, and sensing the "dealing mood" of the dealership is key to getting a decent deal. Trade is where they like to get you and low ball with "Black Book" or auction price. If your trade is stellar, they won't auction it. Every trade I've turned in was sold by the dealer, including my F-150 from a Toyota dealer.

BLKMAGIC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Leather, premium sound, don't care. I'd never pay that much for a half ton. What's the big deal? That much and I'm at least getting a 2500.

Who cares, not everyone needs or wants a 2500...and a 2500 similarly optioned with a cummins is going to be another $10k anyway, so its not like the 1500 at $40k isn't any cheaper. You can preach 2500 all you want, but there isn't added benefit in owning a 2500 to everybody.

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
To each their own, but you keep going back and forth with people arguing why they spend their money on what the want to. Your acting like a troll.. The OP asked if he got ripped off. the general concensus is no as its a loaded truck - the questions was not what you think a truck should be worth..

Just sayin..

I'm pretty sure the question WAS what I think, along with everyone else who wants to answer.

Just sayin.....

BLKMAGIC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh, so he asked for opinions and only yours matters?

He asked if he over paid for his Sport 1500....not if he would have been better off buying a 2500. Lets not act like your opinion pertained to the question he was asking.

rob2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Paid 40k otd for mine with an MSRP of 49k. You did fine, the sports are good looking trucks.

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hard to believe the Black I loved so much drove me crazy keeping it clean that I had to get rid of it. Almost got the mid grey, but settled on the white.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hard to believe the Black I loved so much drove me crazy keeping it clean that I had to get rid of it. Almost got the mid grey, but settled on the white.

man.....dont say "settled"!!! I saw a black sport yesterday that just came out of the car wash and it looked great, almost wished i went black with my 20015 sport. A few minutes later, i see another sport in black. You could tell it was cleaned recently and it already started looking dirty. Over the years, i've had a few black vehicles and loved the way they looked when clean, but they lose the clean look soooooooo quickly and i just dont have time to obsess over keeping it shiny and that made my descision on which color i wanted for me new ram really easy.

Now......on to my white ram sport. I personally think that a deep gloss white truck, car or otherwise is a mix of sexy and classy..... and I love the white sport that i purchased. Personally, I have not washed it in 2+ weeks and it still looks near perfect and Its driven 5 days a week. The only thing that looks a little dirty are the rims. A quick scrubbing and wash of the rimms.......and now the truck looks great. I'm very happy with my choice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat