Differential Breathers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Has anyone relocated the breathers for the differentials and transfer case. Do they have them? have not really found much on this. The reason I ask is occasionally I hit some deeper puddles. Nothing that would require Scuba gear but deep enough that the Diffs could be briefly submerged. ON a previous vehicle there were mods to relocate the breathers up higher as in the upper reaches of the engine bay. Would this be necessary on the Rams.

cash4acres

4lb pompano
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L,660ftLbs=G56 Manual 6 speed
Has anyone relocated the breathers for the differentials and transfer case. Do they have them? have not really found much on this. The reason I ask is occasionally I hit some deeper puddles. Nothing that would require Scuba gear but deep enough that the Diffs could be briefly submerged. ON a previous vehicle there were mods to relocate the breathers up higher as in the upper reaches of the engine bay. Would this be necessary on the Rams.
Front added 3 feet to top of engine bay.

BACK made a Pig tail double loop and should stop water. About soda CAN loops.

Transfer case? Breather?
I need help with THIS Breathing
BW44-47 case on Cummins G56 6spd stick

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Thank you for the info. One more project to add to the list, at least its an easy one.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Front added 3 feet to top of engine bay.

BACK made a Pig tail double loop and should stop water. About soda CAN loops.

Transfer case? Breather?
I need help with THIS Breathing
BW44-47 case on Cummins G56 6spd stick

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
Do you have any pics of this setup?

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I don't have any pics of mine but I extended the rear diff up somewhere above the left rear tail light. I just kept pushing tubing up into the empty space until it wouldn't go any further! Front diff, transmission and transfer case I combined and ran up into the air filter box. Just drilled a hole, stuck the tubing in, and silicone'd it up. I used fuel line for all the tubing.