disable panic button on keyfob 2018 RAM Laramie 8.2 Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigwave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I know this has been asked before, but I haven't found for a 2018, I was hoping maybe through the 8.2 radio settings??
Can the panic button on the key fob be disabled (as a panic button but still shut the dam alarm off)? I am so dam tired of accidentally setting this dam thing off!!!
I know I can take the keyfob apart and put something over the contacts. But, the dam alarm has also went off from messing with the doors and using a key, I need to be able to shut that off as well.
I really wish Ram would put a keypad outside like Ford does, that's the greatest thing since beer, well, not beer, but it's handy and makes me jealous.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
On mine the unlock button shuts off the alarm. I didn’t think the panic button was for anything but PANIC. The only way to disable that button is to open the fob and put a piece of tape on the contact.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really wish Ram would put a keypad outside like Ford does, that's the greatest thing since beer, well, not beer, but it's handy and makes me jealous.
Seems like outdated inferior technology to the keyless enter-n-go that Ram already has available. No need to touch a keyfob or mess with a keypad (which people can see fingerprints and observe you using in a parking lot).

Keyless system can be retrofitted to 2013+ (but not my OG 2009 unfortunately).

OP
OP
B

Bigwave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
As for the keyless entry oh yah, don't get me started on that one. What a deal Uconnect, Ram, who ever. Yah, yah you can remote start from your phone, remote unlock, yada, yada, yada, Oh and the service is $20 a month!!!!! Are you kidding me 63K truck and you want to charge me another $250 a year to remotely unlock my doors. Just P!sses me off!!!! And I'll hide a key under the truck and hide an extra keyfob in it for a one time fee of $80 bucks.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
I still have the ‘age-old’ key in my 14 without push start, one nice thing about that design is it's recessed 2 times so it is difficult for "accidents" to happen.

In the keyless FOB you could glue a thin profile cover over the entire bottom section, so in an actual emergency it would peel off and scream again.

136C38E8-3A6F-45A6-B740-BCCBD16578A7.jpeg

61A09730-A302-4204-BE8E-18535E9C75ED.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Bigwave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Yah, both my son's 2015 and 2012 the panic button is recessed. Not on mine, I've actually set it off putting it in and taking it out of the ignition slot??
And of course its always at the worst possible time.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Seems like outdated inferior technology to the keyless enter-n-go that Ram already has available. No need to touch a keyfob or mess with a keypad (which people can see fingerprints and observe you using in a parking lot).

Keyless system can be retrofitted to 2013+ (but not my OG 2009 unfortunately).

finger prints were never visiable on my f150 keypad. as for people seeing you enter the code, if they have the super powers to see from a distance, and through your hand, and your body, then they probably already have super human strength too and could just rip the door off.

i loved the passive entry on my jeep renegade, but i would have traded it so fast for a keypad like ford