Disconnected cruise control hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cliffordthe6Stick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 V10
So here's the issue. The servo underneath the battery has 2 lines: one runs to the throttle assembly and the other to, well, I don't know. And that's where the issue appears to be because it isn't connected to anything. From other pics I've seen online there should be a vacuum line that runs underneath the upper intake that the servo line connects to, but it's completely absent on mine. The steering wheel has the buttons for it, and the cruise light comes on, but it won't set. I've been hoping I could find someone who has a v10 Ram so I could compare it with mine and see what's different but they aren't around that much.

PXL_20201210_171214750.jpg
The parallel lines run from the servo...
PXL_20201210_171239356.jpg
They're ziptied together, and one runs to the throttle assembly, the other runs toward the front of the intake...
PXL_20201210_171327672.jpg
And the hose runs nowhere. What I'd really like to know is what that hose should connect to, and where the line it should connect to comes from (I'm guessing from the vacuum harness near the passenger side firewall?). Wondering if I'll need to buy a vacuum line that has one of those check-valve looking things on it to get it connected.
If I could get any help/pictures on this it would be awesome. Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cliffordthe6Stick

Cliffordthe6Stick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 V10
Maybe no one will make use of my having fixed this issue, but I'll post it anyway, just in case.
All I had to do was splice a new vacuum line and check valve into the main vacuum harness to run to the cruise control servo. It was less than $10 to fix! Obviously whoever replaced the engine neglected to do that.

19Slick69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 2500HD
Engine
5.9l gas
Saw this a little late...sorry. That is the vacuum line that runs from the 'servo' can parallel to your throttle cable coming from the servo can. Look for a very small vacuum line on top or near side of your engine. It should be very lonely looking for its mate, which you are holding in your hand in that pic. You have a smoker I have a gasser (2500HD/02) I just had to rebuild my entire cruise control from servo can to cable + vac line because of.....