Disconnecting shift linkage to remove transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bornaRAMblinMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
Trying to remove my transmission, can't figure out how to disconnect the shift linkage. The Haynes manual is pretty vague.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
There's a nut and bolt that get loosened up on top of where it connects to the trans and that thing pops off. I'll take a pic in a few, i have mine sitting around somewhere

OP
OP
bornaRAMblinMAN

bornaRAMblinMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
Thank you that was helpful. Also, what about the linkage on the transfer case? Do I need to unbolt the hanger or does it pop out? Hard to tell lookimg at it and the manual doesn't say

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Well i see i left ya hanging on the photos, my bad.

The case linkage im not sure, I've honestly never messed with it and haven't hardly looked at it. I can take a glance in the morning though

OP
OP
bornaRAMblinMAN

bornaRAMblinMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
OK, no worries on the pics, I appreciate the help, I saw exactly what you meant. I think the piece that has a thumb screw pops out of a plastic grommet but I dont want to force it and break it.

OP
OP
bornaRAMblinMAN

bornaRAMblinMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
OK I managed to pop it out. It just took really prying, I found someone on a jeep forum say, "pry a little harder than you feel comfortable with" and that was exactly what I needed to hear.