DIY: 4th Generation Under Hood Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Call all the Dodge dealers, in your area. Ask them for MOPAR Part # CEC1MO71AA. It is a $10 kit, that comes with
the underhood light assembly, with bulb.
One push pin, to mount the light to the hood itself.
2 replacement retaining clips, for the underhood mat.
the wiring harness AND one glove box light assembly.

Seems like 2011-2013 RAMS, the factory forgot to add the underhood light and the upper glove box light. Was simple mistake but a lot of trucks got out the door with these things , they were supposed to have. So RAM made up this "Fix It Kit" and sent it out to dealers.

A lot of parts departments still have them , in stock.
They basically sat there and never got used.

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited:
OP
OP
cgeorgemo

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Actually that is a recall kit for Sport model trucks. They might not sell it to you unless you have a Sport. But then again they might. Totally worth a call to save some money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually that is a recall kit for Sport model trucks. They might not sell it to you unless you have a Sport. But then again they might. Totally worth a call to save some money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter what kind of truck you have. Give them the part number and they will sell you the part. That's what I did with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
It doesn't matter what kind of truck you have. Give them the part number and they will sell you the part. That's what I did with mine.
They seem to be cracking down on recall parts. I went through four places and couldn't get one at the recall price. Three of the places got to the "about the ship" stage before they figured it out, and I had to file a PayPal claim to get my money back from one of them.

I finally caved and paid more for the retail kit.

evanblain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is an old thread but I just stumbled upon it as I’m relatively new here. I have a 4th Gen 2018 Sport Night Edition with no underhood lamp. I ordered one online but I think it’s so stoopid that FCA doesn’t follow through with all options for all the years in the truck’s generation. Close to $68000 CDN and no damn light. Just my .02. :mad: I feel better now thanks for listening.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2017 Night Edition has a hood light with my sport hood

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is an old thread but I just stumbled upon it as I’m relatively new here. I have a 4th Gen 2018 Sport Night Edition with no underhood lamp. I ordered one online but I think it’s so stoopid that FCA doesn’t follow through with all options for all the years in the truck’s generation. Close to $68000 CDN and no damn light. Just my .02. :mad: I feel better now thanks for listening.

I feel your pain, brother. Mine didn't have one, either. Guess no one breaks down or otherwise has to open the hood after dark anymore. (Seasoned citizen voice) Why, sonny, I remember when people had to put oil in their engines!

Has anyone tried to install two of these lights? I seem to remember a now-defunct forum I was on for my Gen 2 had a thread for doubling up the underhood lighting. I'd like to have one on both sides of the hood to, oh I don't know, maybe see the master cylinder or fuse box or battery or whatever. I figure I'll need to slice and dice and solder at the connector into the first light so the second cable will reach.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2011 express didn’t have one, but it had manual locks and manual roll up windows lol

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I checked with my dealer and no dice on the underhood lamp for my truck. The manager was great about about it he printed my build sheet. He even went out to check one on the lot with me. Apparently it’s a deleted option. Oh well worth a try.
Ordered one online.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Received in the mail and installed in 5 minutes. It’s the kitty’s *******.

bob sisic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi sport 4x4 crew cab
Ya my 18 ram sport doesn’t have the light either or the connection too, has anyone bought the oem light and ran there own wires , with an inline fuse

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2018 Sport Crewcab 4x4 5.7 Hemi did not come with the hood light either. Interesting that it did come with the bed lighting kit though,...things that make you go "Hmmmm?" I've got the parts ordered, lamp and a connective wiring harness. They should be here this monring. The trucks stock harness does include the connective plug pre-installed under the hood on the passenger side, so that's cool. The insulation is also cut out at the lamps location.

T.

David Walker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello guys. I'm new here. David Walker from Fort Payne, AL.

I've got a 2012 2500 SLT and I don't have the harness connection mounted on the cowling like I've seen on these and other posts and YouTube. Is it possible that it's tucked away somewhere? I need time to check for it taped on the side of my harness.

Thanks for any help y'all can offer.

David Walker

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
I found one of the kits on eBay. Think I spent around $15 for it. Swapped in a LED and plenty of light.
Kinda crazy the under hood light is a standard feature on all trucks and cars.

Barney556180

Don't need no stinkin' mask...
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
How do you un-attach the light from the hood? I don't want to break it trying to figure it out.
Thanks.