Dodge bad customer service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow the guy makes one post complaining the dealer won’t repair his glove box under warranty and gets hit with 4 pages of backlash! (I think he probably got the point after page 2) I agree he’s sol because he’s way past 36,000 miles but damn y’all are being just a bit harsh aren’t you? “Welcome to the forum!” Lol

Yeah.....but "bad dodge customer service"? I think he was a lot harsh on RAM. He recommended no one buy a Dodge as a result??? That was a bit too much. Not realistic to any reasonable degree. He probably should get a ricer. They never break.

BUT I found it all very entertaining :)

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I agree it’s a bit unreasonable to never buy a certain brand again over a glove box but it just seemed like piling on after a while, that’s all.

Jim Bowker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2019 1500 truck only has 43000 called today about the glove box not closing all the way and light staying on, they will not cover because of the 3600 mile warranty even though a lot of people are having same problems, If this is the way they treat the Dodge owners I am going to recommend that people not buy I know that I will not by another
I get your frustration, but there is a certain expectation that a 36,000 mile warranty is good for 36,000 miles. Not 38,000 or 40,000 or 43,000. Every problem that people have is a "known problem" once you google it. So should FCA cover every possible problem that happens outside of warranty? Should the 36,000 warranty cover you for a certain percentage over what they promised? When should they stop? 10% over mileage? 15%? 20%?

If you feel mistreated because a small thing broke after your warranty period, it may be that your expectations are not realistic.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Wow the guy makes one post complaining the dealer won’t repair his glove box under warranty and gets hit with 4 pages of backlash! (I think he probably got the point after page 2) I agree he’s sol because he’s way past 36,000 miles but damn y’all are being just a bit harsh aren’t you? “Welcome to the forum!” Lol

The OP came to an enthusiasts forum and pooped on the welcome mat. When one poops on the rug, one should expect to get hit with a rolled-up newspaper.

In general there is a lot of good information on this forum and folks who have been screwed by FCA and/or their dealer usually get a fair bit of support. Also, reaching out to @RamCares with a polite attitude can result in getting the issue escalated / resolved.

jimboschnitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Like they said, basic warranty coverage is 36,000 miles or 3 years whichever occurs first. If you don't want to pay for stuff that breaks after the basic warranty, then you should buy a service contract. The dealer has to pay their technician to do the work, the parts department needs to get paid for the parts so the dealer has to bill someone. FCA states the warranty and they're not going to pay so that leaves you. Like tron67j said, maybe the salesman you purchased the truck some can help with some parts at cost. Big question here though, is the dealer that refused to fix it for free the same dealer you purchased the vehicle from?

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
...how's your relationship with your Dealer?

More important, how is it now? ;)

Based upon the original post in this thread, I would first inspect the positions of the latch and "hook" to determine if there is any available room for adjustment of either or both. If so, the repair should be very easy, moving the adjustment a very small amount in the necessary direction. If there is no "adjustability", can the hook be modified (i.e., re-formed/bent) ever so slightly to effect the repair?

As for boycotting and/or attempting to discourage others from buying a particular brand of vehicle, that is a choice one must make, I guess.

Nickx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My biggest question is, damn that’s a lot of daily driving and if it was giving you trouble for this long, you should of addressed under the 3/36k warranty not 8k after the warranty expires. Also to the OP if you came into the form and asked what’s the best solution to fix the issue vs saying why can’t they fix it for free well after warranty....you had it coming

Crazygrady1948

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2019 1500 truck only has 43000 called today about the glove box not closing all the way and light staying on, they will not cover because of the 3600 mile warranty even though a lot of people are having same problems, If this is the way they treat the Dodge owners I am going to recommend that people not buy I know that I will not by another
If this is going to be the deterring factor in future auto / truck purchases you're going to run out of options PDQ.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
More important, how is it now? ;)

Based upon the original post in this thread, I would first inspect the positions of the latch and "hook" to determine if there is any available room for adjustment of either or both. If so, the repair should be very easy, moving the adjustment a very small amount in the necessary direction. If there is no "adjustability", can the hook be modified (i.e., re-formed/bent) ever so slightly to effect the repair?

As for boycotting and/or attempting to discourage others from buying a particular brand of vehicle, that is a choice one must make, I guess.

Yeah, glove box is kinda weak sauce....I think we should be thrilled if thats the only problem we ever have with our trucks!

AlHart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In Wisconsin a vehicles usefull life legally is 100,000 miles. Your truck is all most half used used up. Be happy more stuff isn't falling apart.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are out of warranty! My dealer would probably take care of it I was 500 over and still within 3 years, (easy enough to fudge) but don’t ***** about customer service if you are over by 7k.

AlHart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2016 Bighorn has a burned out 3rd brake light that is burned out. If my dealer won't fix it for free eventho it only has 38000 miles on it I might have to trade in for a Ford. Oh that's right. I already have a Ford. That's the reason I bought a Ram

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just figured he was a troll, we tend to get them every now and then. Esp when the first and only post is in that tone.

A picture of what failed might help, other wise I have to go out in the cold and snow to look at mine to see if there is an easy fix :)