DODGE RAM TRX KIT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
As I mentioned in another post in the engine section (2014 Ram RC SWB Rebuild), I had original ordered a TRX but decided to back out, rebuild the one I have and save tons of cash.

Well I just purchased the kit. Should get it in about 5 weeks.

2009-2018 Dodge Ram TRX Kit | Fenders, Headlight Extensions/Valance, Hood, & Bedsides (advfiberglass.com)

I'm going to keep the stock front and rear bumper which will work with a kit they have. May be later I'll get the bumpers (Dirt King) to give it the Baja look as pictured on the site.

Going to take a few months to complete the build but it will be worth the wait!!

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Plans for the powertrain ?

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Plans for the powertrain ?
Indeed! I'm already working on that.

2014 Ram RC SWB 1500 4x4 Rebuild | DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

If all goes as planned;
The engine, transmission, transfer case & complete exhaust system upgrade will be completed along with the TRX kit.

I'm also seriously looking at the Dirt King suspension.

Also possibly the front and rear end complete rebuild with 4:10 gears to handle the 37's.

With that the Ram will be like new for a whole lot less than the TRX. And it will be a unique build like my previous Ram shown in my sig but a tad bit more.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can’t wait, best of luck!

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
I wish they offered the hood separately. Good luck and look forward to seeing the finished product.
Have you checked with them? I don’t know why they would not.

Midknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Are you going full fiberglass or part carbon? Sounds like a great build!

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Wow, that was quick. They said allow up to 5 weeks to build & ship and I received notice it shipped yesterday. Should be here next week. Looking forward to this!! My plate is getting full.

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Received it yesterday. If I can find the time this weekend, I may start the install. It does not come with instructions but there is a basic generic install instructions on their site. My thoughts are start on the front fenders and fit them to the factory hood. Once everything is aligned, then install the hood and align it to the new fenders. I told them that I had a sport version and wanted to keep the factory bumpers. The rear is a no brainer. But on the front they sent the light extenders and I'll have to call them for some clarity.

I've been looking at these kits (Ram Runner) for awhile and was reserved about getting it due to the way the front fenders looked. I did not like the way it finished off at the doors. These (TRX Kit) have a smooth flowing look. Also I've always been a fan of flairs on the fenders and these have them built into them.

TRX Kit 4.jpg TRX Kit 1.jpg TRX Kit 2.jpg TRX Kit 3.jpg

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can't wait to see the progress on your project and how it turn out. Have fun and post pictures. Just wish they sold the hood by itself

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it installed yet??? Hahahaha, can't wait to see the finished product!!!

Joshua Collins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2023
Engine
6.7 & 5.7
Going to look good completed cant wait to see the progress. Side note said they sent you head light extensions i see on their site for the kit they dont have an option for the sport bumper only the 2 part valance/steel or the extensions for the 2500s. You may have to graft the extensions on the factory bumper if your dead set on keeping it.

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Going to look good completed cant wait to see the progress. Side note said they sent you head light extensions i see on their site for the kit they dont have an option for the sport bumper only the 2 part valance/steel or the extensions for the 2500s. You may have to graft the extensions on the factory bumper if your dead set on keeping it.
Thanks! You are correct. I spoke with John at Advance Fiberglass about that yesterday. He confirmed that the 2 fiberglass headlight extension (that came with the kit) would need to be trimmed to fit. The bumper will remain the same. I never realized until I looked at a 2500 Ram that they had these under the headlights. So the kit will work on Ram 2500 & 3500. The newer ones that come with the kit allow for a smooth flow into the fender. I'll give detailed information when I do the install on these parts so if any one else wants the same set up I'm doing there will be some information on it.

John also gave advice on the install and said the fenders go on first to align with the stock hood, then the hood goes on to align to the newer fenders as I suspected. I've only communicated with a few times. He is a very responsive and helpful person.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I, like everyone else, can't wait to see the progression and finished product. Good luck.

Tonino

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if I missed it but where/whom did you contact about this kit..I am also interested in the Hood for my 2020 Classic,..thanks

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
we're waiting for updates and pics...lol:popcorn:[/QUOT

lol! Started this morning. Got drivers side front on. Was not that bad, you just have to be patient, align and sand down where needed to make the lines uniform. The headlight extensions took some time to get cut down for the stock sport bumper. I still have some fine tuning to do on them, but I didn't want to over cut them. TRX Install 2.jpg TRX Install 3.jpg TRX Install 4.jpg TRX Install 1.jpg

OP
OP
MOPAR78

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
lol! Started this morning. Got drivers side front on. Was not that bad, you just have to be patient, align and sand down where needed to make the lines uniform. The headlight extensions took some time to get cut down for the stock sport bumper. I still have some fine tuning to do on them, but I didn't want to over cut them.

TRX Install 1.jpg

TRX Install 2.jpg

TRX Install 3.jpg

TRX Install 4.jpg

TRX Install 6.jpg