Dog rear seat cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

userjh160

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need the same thing. Using furniture moving blankets for now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
^^^^ Thanks for the link. Weathertech is a great product but also expensive. I will likely try something from Chewy. If that doesn't work, I will look into Weathertech. I'll for sure need something to protect the Limited leather.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is anyone aware of a dog seat cover that fits the new Ram 1500? I've used a sheet and towels in my Ford but I'd like something a bit nicer for my ordered truck
Are you looking for seat covers only, or something that covers most of the back seat area?

We went with an extra large "hammock" style that covered the seat, floor, and backs of the front seats: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0799G537M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
We also got some door covers from pet smart, but those didn't cover that well (the crew cab has some pretty big doors!).
Since the hammock left a couple areas exposed (like the headrests, sides of the seats, etc), we put a fitted sheet over the back seat before installing the hammock.
One last thing: we had the seats folded up so our two large dogs would have the whole floor to kick back while we drove. This was for a 700 mile round-trip we took over Memorial Day weekend, not something we leave in the car all the time.

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
I have two large hairy dogs. I use three different items, all go in the washing machine after use , then a ten minute vac job. #1, take an old fitted sheet, queen, cut two slots where the seat belts come through. The elastic, and the stiff buckle ends through the slots keep it in place, the long side of the sheet goes over the headrests, and the other side under the front of the rear folding seat, this keeps the dirt off the fabric. #2, get a Mexican blanket, add two, 2" wide nylon webbing strap/ hoops, to hang over the headrests, used little spring clamps to get the right length, secured with large grommets and hot glue around the blanket and web. I had to fold the top edge of the blanket over about 3 " with hot glue to make if stronger, so the grommets don't pull out. Cut two slots the same place as the sheet for the seat belts. Reinforce the slots, with webbing and glue so it doesn't fray. #3,use two large towels on the floor. takes an hour or so to make. this keeps the hair stuck to the Mexican blanket an towels, the sheet catches the fine dirt. It all fits in the washing machine one load. used to take 45 min., vac job, now takes 10 min. Not the prettiest but works great , the sheet and towels fit under the seat, the blanket is folded up and left on the floor.

Last edited: