Doh moment with first crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So given this is my first cab, I've had a few instances in which I'm walking from the back of the truck and start to get in the second door instead of the front door. Just so used to grabbing the first door handle that comes up. Have a good laugh at my expense.

:doh2:

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
So given this is my first cab, I've had a few instances in which I'm walking from the back of the truck and start to get in the second door instead of the front door. Just so used to grabbing the first door handle that comes up. Have a good laugh at my expense.

I’ve done it a few times myself. Don’t feel bad.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

Lconnally

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have never done that, but I have tried to unlock a rental car, that looks like every other car in the lot, and have the person sitting in the car freaking out because I wasn’t unlocking the right car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Haven't done they but I have tried to get in a ram identicle to mine.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I first got to Japan, I was told to put stuff - briefcase, papers, whatever - on the passenger seat. Since the drive's side is the opposite side of the car, ALL newbies went to the wrong side of the car for a while. Having something in the passenger seat you could "look through" made it look like it was intentional. At least to you.

Also, whenever you came to an intersection, you could tell the newbie - the wipers would come on, go off, then the turn signal would go on. The stalks were reversed on the column, so that took a while to get used to as well.

Also while in Japan I "stole" a car. The floor supervisor handed me her keys and said it was the silver Subaru and sent me to the BX for sandwiches for lunch. She sent another Airman with me. Now this guy had ridden in with her that morning, so when I went out into the parking lot and found the Silver Subaru, we got in. The key didn't want to turn at first, but finally with a little force, we got it started. Drove out to the BX, came back. Had a little more trouble with the key, but got it out. When we walked in, she asked why we didn't take her car. Apparently she was parked in the back lot. You'd think the guy she sent with me would have known that. Never did find out who's car I took that day.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
When I first got to Japan, I was told to put stuff - briefcase, papers, whatever - on the passenger seat. Since the drive's side is the opposite side of the car, ALL newbies went to the wrong side of the car for a while. Having something in the passenger seat you could "look through" made it look like it was intentional. At least to you.

Also, whenever you came to an intersection, you could tell the newbie - the wipers would come on, go off, then the turn signal would go on. The stalks were reversed on the column, so that took a while to get used to as well.

Also while in Japan I "stole" a car. The floor supervisor handed me her keys and said it was the silver Subaru and sent me to the BX for sandwiches for lunch. She sent another Airman with me. Now this guy had ridden in with her that morning, so when I went out into the parking lot and found the Silver Subaru, we got in. The key didn't want to turn at first, but finally with a little force, we got it started. Drove out to the BX, came back. Had a little more trouble with the key, but got it out. When we walked in, she asked why we didn't take her car. Apparently she was parked in the back lot. You'd think the guy she sent with me would have known that. Never did find out who's car I took that day.
Funny with the blinker thing. In my early 20’s I worked at a shipping plant. Ran a forklift for 12hrs. The gear selector is like a turn signal. At end of **** everybody would hop in their cars turn blinkers on and gas their vehicles. That was so hard to get used to.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi

It’s a sign that you need to take a nap in the backseat :p

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Just wait until you're in a place like Japan or Australia and you get in the left side of the car to drive somewhere.

WHAT THE HECK! WHERE'S THE STEARING WHEEL?

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never actually got in on the wrong side when I was there, but I did open the door and start to climb in till I realized my mistake. It takes some getting used to.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
At least you’ve got the right truck. I regularly see people forget where their car is here at the parking garage at work. Lol.

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Funny with the blinker thing. In my early 20’s I worked at a shipping plant. Ran a forklift for 12hrs. The gear selector is like a turn signal. At end of **** everybody would hop in their cars turn blinkers on and gas their vehicles. That was so hard to get used to.

Been there done that [emoji23]
6af3b7eb8e4f0d2aaef7a18cbac30f08.jpg

Sch123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last year left a bar and got in my truck. A couple was walking a bit behind me. As I started my truck she gets in passenger side door, sits down and continued to talk. I look left to see her husband in a gray truck (Chevy) we both looked at each other and smiled. After about 10 seconds of talking she looks at me and realized. LOL. She was all kinds of embarrassed and quickly got out. Both got a good laugh out of that one.

Nickx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
When I got my crew cab, it took me a while to realize I have to open the door from the outside, my old extended cab ford had the handle right by the driver seat. My wife would laugh at me every time I did that, look for the handle on the B pillar

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45